Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi guys,
    tested v87 with client, i get some new funky zapping effects sometimes :unsure:
    View attachment 179338

frezzebug is still there,log explained;
    first watched some files then tv, zapped on some various programs - the blackscreen with mepo still active in back happend two times (madfrezze 1 + 2); then i continued some zapping (only a few) - tada,mepo really unresponsive, deadlock (madfrezze 3)

The point is does a playlist can trigger also the deadlock of osdservice.
    I'll try it later, cl finalday ;)

firsthalf edit: yep, playlist can trigger a deadlock
    client playlist run was without .ts files
    it was running for 30min aaa and i just realised i forgot the madfreeze, damn

I have seen the same behavior when zapping channel, i have revert some layers code in V89 and added more log (but i don't know if it will change anything).
    Yep, from your log it freeze on osdservices, i can't reproduce it, maybe a setting in madVR trigger it ?
    Could you upload (i think it something setting.bin ? (i remember reading this in this thread but i didn't remember when/what page etc lol.
    Like this i will have the same setting as you (except screen config) but still worth a try :)

On the mixed playlist (ts/mkv), i can reproduce a deadlock when MP tell to filter to do a stop in hr = mediaCtrl.Stop(); from the freeze report, it maybe related to subtitle engine because i was able to see a lot of thread with subpic from MPC-HC engine.

So i will retry and maybe see if it freeze on sample with internal subs.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Seb could you post your settings.bin? I'd like to see if your super settings can rub off on my system :)

If I replicate with it, at least we can think outside of dodgy madVR setup.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Seb could you post your settings.bin? I'd like to see if your super settings can rub off on my system :)

If I replicate with it, at least we can think outside of dodgy madVR setup.

Here we go :)
    I could see your devices in the list so I think I was using it (large 16 present queue, NNEDI3x16 chroma, DXVA up/downscale). You have to remove the reg settings too or madvr will use those not the settings file.

Still didn't work though :( so it is not madVR setting. (with 89Bis)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So if it's not the setting no need for me to test yours :)

If you can upload just mp.log and mad.log (the freeze or crash if you have it) just for looking if new log help a bit but i'm not sure lol.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    So if it's not the setting no need for me to test yours :)

If you can upload just mp.log and mad.log (the freeze or crash if you have it) just for looking if new log help a bit but i'm not sure lol.
    If I can help optimise your time on the coding then always glad to :) Will grab the logs in a bit.

Just a thought (which I may have already made before), are you sure it's all about the destruction?:

- We're getting some strange madVR startup crashes
    - Peculiar effects can persist outside of MP restarts
    - MP finding it hard to destroy things
    - Loads of madvr nvd3d threads when hang issue reported

If perhaps something is being created without the correct context, it is no longer under MP ability to destroy.

I speak of experience of something in a different area years ago that was all about the creation of the environment rendering it impossible to destroy in the usual fashion.

Or of course that could be complete merde as you would say Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom