[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't know really those option but i'm pretty sure that can be fixed here.

For example, i use IPTV provider and if my decoder take time to decode channel, i'm pretty it will run into such madVR failed message.

I've test those options with no luck.
    My IPTV provider send channels unscrambled (FTA) only sat are scrambled.
    problem appears on same IPTV card from channels SD to HD and from HD to SD. Altough tuning parameters of every channel may innclude SAT scrambled info, its actually tuned from FTA IPTV.

Always deinterlace is lost.
    as far as I see the problem is more related to SD to HD channel change than turner change.

@Sebastiii
    Sorry for insisting, but maybe its a good idea have "MadVr for videos only" or for "MadVr Videos and TV". I don't think I will be hard to implement. On poor MadVr hardware like my HD 4000. Its easy to improve image on videos and enjoy 3D MVC. But interlace TV is a hard matter and not very stable. Please, think about this possibility. we can implement 3D support in MP and videos on poor hardware machines.

Thaks!
    Ps next week, ill receive a Geforce G T730 GDDR5 to increase testing possibilities...

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

The F9 menu should be tricky so on my side, i will not try to code that because i think it will break some stuff :)
    I will try too to check the first option only, i'm not very good with all those settings lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't know really those option but i'm pretty sure that can be fixed here.

For example, i use IPTV provider and if my decoder take time to decode channel, i'm pretty it will run into such madVR failed message.

I've test those options with no luck.
    My IPTV provider send channels unscrambled (FTA) only sat are scrambled.
    problem appears on same IPTV card from channels SD to HD and from HD to SD. Altough tuning parameters of every channel may innclude SAT scrambled info, its actually tuned from FTA IPTV.

Always deinterlace is lost.
    as far as I see the problem is more related to SD to HD channel change than turner change.

@Sebastiii
    Sorry for insisting, but maybe its a good idea have "MadVr for videos only" or for "MadVr Videos and TV". I don't think I will be hard to implement. On poor MadVr hardware like my HD 4000. Its easy to improve image on videos and enjoy 3D MVC. But interlace TV is a hard matter and not very stable. Please, think about this possibility. we can implement 3D support in MP and videos on poor hardware machines.

Thaks!
    Ps next week, ill receive a Geforce G T730 GDDR5 to increase testing possibilities...

It's surely possible to add but there is a lot of check if madvr in use on not. So we will need to always do a checking, so not easy :(

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    let me add one thing, with LAV video decoder on Native its highly probaply ho found the problem. With copy-back its very hard to have one problem. at the moment I have none on 20 minutes of TV playback. so probaly you can try zap from SD to HD with native to try to reproduce the problem.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Like this ? (Trying to test)
    Ofc we need to try to fix the issue :)

upload_2016-6-26_12-42-50.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    let me add one thing, with LAV video decoder on Native its highly probaply ho found the problem. With copy-back its very hard to have one problem. at the moment I have none on 20 minutes of TV playback. so probaly you can try zap from SD to HD with native to try to reproduce the problem.

When you say native, what setting is it ?
    Can you screenshot that ? :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey people, have just tried setup with Intel HD4600 (onboard) to see what deinterlace was like compared to NVIDIA.

The guide flickered like anything, and deinterlacing was worse :) At least I appreciate the 960 a bit more now.
    --- Post updated ---

He means DXVA copy-back or DXVA native in LAV I reckon :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

DXVA2 settings

Attachments

• LAV DXVA.png
      LAV DXVA.png
      119.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom