[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Alex can u start a channel, then exit full screen mode and exit TV GUI, keep tv window minimized and sit in mp main menu with the small TV window and madvr stats running.
    Wait at least 2 minutes and see if the whole GUI will flash for u?
    Thanx in advance.
    I start tv channel, changed mp ALT+ INTRO for windowed monde. Mini tv wile on music, or any other screen. Minimized mp (wile tv plays) wait 2 minutes.
    Returned to full screen (ALT INTRO).
    Everything normal.
    Madvr status in view all time..

Hope understood your intentions...

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok one more test please, start a 3D movie to get madvr to play framepacked 3d then press escape to get the movie playing in a small window and sit for two minutes on main menu.
    For me this will always result with flashing mp GUI.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok i found the issue.
    Its a bug in madvr/mp combo.
    Can u guys go to madvr options and enable 3d there and re run the tests?
    I am pretty sure u will get the flashing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok one more test please, start a 3D movie to get madvr to play framepacked 3d then press escape to get the movie playing in a small window and sit for two minutes on main menu.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok i found the issue.
    Like this ? :)

upload_2016-6-25_9-31-16.png

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok i found the issue.
    Hi
    I've tried your Test and no problems found.
    For me to play in 3D all frame packet MKV, always had the 3D MadVr modes like those shown by @Sebastiii in the next post. plus "restore os stereo 3D..."
    No issues found a part of the impossibility to play a second 3D video during the 7 seconds MadVr takes to return 3d video mode OFF and TV or projector returns to 2D.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can also confirm that Airplayer plugin from @Brownard brakes 3D packet frame videos on my setup.

Video starts and stops on first few frames. That happens most of the times but not always (90% probability). Audio may continue normally for long or may get corrupted after few minutes. Once MP crashed. sorry dind collect logs.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii
    Hello
    Do yo think we can try to troubleshoot the MadVr DVXA failed message and the loose of Deinterlace untill timeshift is stopped?
    How can I help you with that?

Not sure how that can be fixed, yesterday (or i would say this night lol), i have seen something, my server was on heavy load (backup running) and then i have try TV and like timeshift was very slow, i was able to reproduce some madVR failed on screen, it was because no new frame comes to render, i think it is something related.

So it means (maybe) that sometimes madVR is ready but video is not ready (the timeshift or something maybe) and then the message can happen.

So can you try something ?

Look the first 2 options : (delay playback ....)

upload_2016-6-26_9-51-5.png

and maybe we can play with the frame in advance too : (Windowed mode and exclusive mode)

upload_2016-6-26_9-51-43.png

I don't know really those option but i'm pretty sure that can be fixed here.

For example, i use IPTV provider and if my decoder take time to decode channel, i'm pretty it will run into such madVR failed message.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    morning guys,
    v110 looks very promising and the thing with the external player brings me to another silly idea. :sneaky:
    i think it would be great if there were a manual selection in the file option (F9) menu for external player to play only single files with an external player- would that possible without too much effort ?

Look the first 2 options : (delay playback ....)

the first option i have ticked since madvr version 87+ and following, to get the start frames correctly displayed with streamd files -has no bad side effects i know off only one good ^^ but expect a small delay on start.
    second option i would never tick, it adds the same delay also on seeks and result in odd behaviour for example you seek 15 sec and wait 2 sec to fill all buffer

and maybe we can play with the frame in advance too : (Windowed mode and exclusive mode)

soon a few people will complain about suddenly ending files :whistle: better not to play with, very hardware dependent.
    but if you want to mess with it you can put it as low as ur hardware can fill up the queue

as always seb, thx great stuff (y)(y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom