alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here logs with LAV 68.1-23
    V113

Native goes Fine on 3D MVC and blackbar crop fails on BD MKV files.

Copy back black bars crop is perfect but 3D MVC fails from time to time. A playback freezes but MP is responsive initially. If video stoped, next playback may work.

Freeze 21:05 audio continued playing 2 minutes properly then audio goes to loop. At 21:09 crashed.

EDIT:------------------
    I must correct the black bars crop is working on Copy-back but on Native fails some videos (BD remux on MKV).

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (2).txt
      64.6 KB

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same result with the Sebastiii .23 git.

On Native
    - good 3D
    -Black bars crop doesent work on BD remux mkw
    - TV channel change problematic with madvr processing failed errors and deinterlace lost.

On Copyback
    -3D fails many times to start and freezes
    -Blackbars is perfect.
    -TV channel change is rock solid. no failure

On Intel HD 4000 graphics i7 3770

:confused::confused::confused:

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just tried the V113 and it does work rock solid, however the Mediaportal's "dinamic refresh rate" doesn't work anymore.
    I can activate the analogue function in MADVR but in my opinion it's not reliable like that of Mediaportal.

Why does occour this?

Thanks
    Marco

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The internal refresh rate can lead to some issue, we should use the one from madVR setting, this is why now, Refresh rate from MP is disable when madVR is in use :)
    So it's normal :)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The internal refresh rate can lead to some issue, we should use the one from madVR setting, this is why now, Refresh rate from MP is disable when madVR is in use :)
    So it's normal :)

Understood, however I have a lot of MKV videos where MADVR doesn't understand the correct refresh rate to apply with the conseguent of a constant and continue dropped frames.

This doesn't happen with Mediaportal dynamic refresh rate ( and I have no problem at all using it )

Will be possible add in Mediaportal configuration a sub option for disable/activate the dynamic refresh rate for MADVR?

Thanks a lot
    Marco

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure to add such option, better will be to fix all latest issue but still, i will surely need help because i don't how to fix them.
    The option for LiveTV EVR when using madVR should be removed too, if for testing :)

Maybe the internal DRR is working correctly now when using madVR buti remember that some users has issue with it.

Understood, however I have a lot of MKV videos where MADVR doesn't understand the correct refresh rate to apply with the conseguent of a constant and continue dropped frames.
    Marco

That's part is not good, so you mean that madVR didn't know the FPS from the mkv, that's look weird.

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Marco

That's part is not good, so you mean that madVR didn't know the FPS from the mkv, that's look weird.

Hi Sebastiii,

Normally it does it correctly, however there are around many MKV videos derivated from tv recording ( 50i in Europe ) that have the ID partially uncorrect and this deceives the MADVR algorithm that interpretates it like an uncorrect 23,976Hz frame rate, while the internal DDR interpretates it correctly, could be probably because more than read the mkv's ID it does analize the video.
    Said this is also possible edit and correct these MKV videos but is a long and boring operation.

Thanks a lot for your effort and time

Marco

Last edited by a moderator:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    The FPS that madVR uses comes from the upstream decoder, which could be different from the media itself.

One example I have is when using LAV, 24fps film can become 48hz from LAV, pushing madVR into 60hz instead of 24 that DRR would do. Right/wrong? Depends on the situation. Personally I'd advise leaving the DRR usable for madVR. It's also a place to assign custom events (like your own batch files) to refresh rate changes.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello Seb
    i have try the option for use EVR instead of Madvr for TV, but for me it don't work.
    i have checked the checkbox options under MadVr on renderer tabs

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    On Native
    - good 3D
    -Black bars crop doesent work on BD remux mkw
    - TV channel change problematic with madvr processing failed errors and deinterlace lost.

On Copyback
    -3D fails many times to start and freezes
    -Blackbars is perfect.
    -TV channel change is rock solid. no failure

Ive been testing on MPC-HC same videos and found same problems there. so I assume is not related to our port.

Black bars crop fails on DXVA2 (native) for some BD remux videos also.

On MPH-HC I can crop black bars on 3D videos. In MP I can't, 3D video gets corrupted (flikering).

On 3D video start in DXVA2 copy-back I had a madVr error creating d3d surface on start. Only get it once.

So black bar crop is related to Madvr and LAV not to mp. Except the 3D crop. that's working on MPC. Also I can apply some image enhancements to 3D videos in MPC. In MP 3D video playback get corrupted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom