[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb, big issue with 124, just a black screen on startup instead of MP home :)

EDIT: Hey what's this 123 version! Oh, problem between chair and screen :)

Oh i just see your edit, but i don't get it lol
    You mean you didn't install 123 and this is why it failed ?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys,
    seb i found my detection problem about the 3D switch that triggers as sbs mode.... while with mphc it always did triggers correctly.

07-47-46.png

yesterday night i was pretty mad trying stupid things, only to get the 3d switch working again.
    first i tried it with iris laptop and tv only to see the 3d switch works instantly, then tried laptop with different tv and beamer connected: 3d detection is there everytime i tried it, wtf what the hell, damn nvidia crap^^
    but close to getting completely nuts over it, even change the wiring. i take a close look again on my damn madvr settings pages on the laptop.
    on that one i only did set up some shader stuff nothing special. the only little diference i recognised that i did configure the normal pc monitor -set 3d to none - cause it's not 3d capable.

mv3dä.jpg
    never thought that this setting is the guilty one, but with MePo-madVR it is.:confused:
    i changed it back to auto and the tv 3d detection is working again on the faulty htpc like before.
    so in short, on a dual (or more) screen setup with nvidia all monitors must be set to auto 3d format -even if they not getting used.
    (i think let the unused device unconfigured should do the same trick but untested) btw. its not needed with mphc

TV IS ALWAYS 3D mode. but image is 2D
    yap, same here with v122 -2d even if the tv recognised it as 3d:
    did some handy pics:)

mepo:IMAG0672.jpg mphc: IMAG0671.jpg

tried v123 quickly before work, 3d seems to work as it should with nvidia (y)(y)(y)

keep it up seb, cheers

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Problem between chair and screen x 2 :)
    --- Post updated ---
    124 not so nice for me Seb, first play was not in 3d, second play jer-r-r-rky. Can't get to machine right now, should I try v123 too based on @daWooky feedback?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    [2016-07-06 02:06:59,969] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Problem Between Chair And Keyboard

I see lots of them here lately.

Sorry i could not resist.

I am still smiling :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok 124 regarding 3D is same. No change

Good 3D MadVr detection. No failure . Tv Goes 3D, madvr goes 3D and image 2D.:mad:
    After moving mouse, image 3D. I'm going mad with this problem. I don't know if that's only my Palit gt730 GDDR5... I'll remove it and test tomorrow with Intel hd4000.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Guys i did try 123 and some other latest builds that had the 3D switch fixed, and for me on AMD it works every time with no issues.

So i agree, it could be NVidia + MP combo.

Can u guys try with Intel iGPU just to make sure it is GPU specific?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V124. MP starts in Blank screen although is responsible from the back.
    No crash MP GUI Blank

OK forget about 123 is a full version and 124 goes on top, isnt it? :cautious:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep 124 should go on top of 123 :)
    I think i will recreate a full installer, the test this night and this morning was OK with Nvidia.
    On HTPC, first 3D failed before but not now it seems but i have see sometimes even with MPC-HC that the first start wasn't always OK maybe a bug with Nvidia lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok 124 regarding 3D is same. No change

Good 3D MadVr detection. No failure . Tv Goes 3D, madvr goes 3D and image 2D.:mad:
    After moving mouse, image 3D. I'm going mad with this problem. I don't know if that's only my Palit gt730 GDDR5... I'll remove it and test tomorrow with Intel hd4000.

I can't reproduce the issue but on HTPC before V123, sometimes image was displayed in 2D and when i put a window on TOP 3D was present and when i focus back to MP (2D) even if projector was in 3D.

in fact when MP lost the focus -> 3D

But not anymore with 124.

Also if MP was windowed, it was always working (before V123)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom