[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (21 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @kenwonders can u please post a screenshot of ur 3d settings in madvr "stereo 3d" page?

Also can u try playing the movies without stopping them?

I mean start a 3D movie and then press ESC go to the next 3D movie and start it on top of the 1st one.

See what happens and report back :)

Thanx in advance.
    Not so good, the second film started with 3d still enabled from before, but then within a second, it changed back to the default 50hz, then film continued in 2d at 50 :(

Ambibox also crashed, which seems to be some kind of indicator.

Here's my madVR 3d settings:
    3dmadvr.png

Logs attached in case they're of any use.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Another V119, it seems i didn't upload the right one sorry :)

On a very preliminary test with no options selected in Madvr general tab.

3D playback on first video worked perfectc. 3D detected, TV mode auto activated and 3d image in view.

Second 3D video. 3D mode properly detected in Madvr, Tv auto changed to 3D and video in 2D until mouse moved.

All 3D MVC videos where by first time properly 3D detected. None failed in detection and 3D image came after mouse movement.
    @alexdepalma can u try same thing on MPC-HC?

Start a 3D movie and then stop it and start the same one again, same thing but this time on MPC-HC.
    I am sorry if u already did but i didn't follow the thread for 2 days.

In MPC happens something similar.

If a 3D mvc video is played, in Full screen will probably go to full 3D video payback (TV goes 3D and video goes 3D). If another video is splayed without stopping previous one, it will play 3D and one or 2 seconds after,`that time, it will go (2D).
    So in MPC if second 3D video is played before 3D mode is released and TV is back to 2D, it will play 3D for 3 seconds, and on 3D release, will continue 2D.

On first play, it will always go to 3D (3D auto TV swap, Madvr 3D and image 3d) BUT, IF i MOVE MOUSE, IMAGE GOES 2D AND RETURNS TO 3D ON MOUSE POINTER DESAPEAR (Im talking about MP-hc).

In MPC always 3D playback is initiated (for several seconds) in MP its hard to see but in my opinion it starts 3D but very, very quickly it goes 2D. but now always Madvr detects 3D (before not always). TV IS ALWAYS 3D mode. but image is 2D. In MPC moving mouse deactivates 3D and 2D image is presented until mouse removed from screen (that's not always true but don't know why, yet)

In my opinion, MadVr changes Tv mode to 3D and then adjust resolution and refresh rate. in this change, destroys 3D. always 3D is set and the refresh rate. I used to have 2 changes. Anyway Tv always remains 3D

Start a 3D movie and then stop (during stop TV remanin 3D) it and start the same one again.... Same thing but this time on MPC-HC Video start 3D but after 2-3 seconds, 3D destroyed (TV 3D mode released) and video continued in 2D (TV changed to 2D and Madvr in 3D

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now running with V120 and looking mostly good. 3D mode does release on stop without having the (Restore Stereo3D...) option checked but I did have an MP crash when I attempted to go into standby following the playing and stopping of a 3D vid. (HTPC did go into standby but TV and receiver did not indicating the CEC standby was not transmitted due to MP noop) on resume from sleep got Win. Program not running info and MP closed. This happened twice, so I decided to clear the logs but then I could no longer reproduce:rolleyes:, so sorry no logs. I will add if I run into the problem again.
    The black sreen problem after swapping fullscreen/windowed when anything is playing, remains.:(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Now running with V120 and looking mostly good. 3D mode does release on stop without having the (Restore Stereo3D...) option checked but I did have an MP crash when I attempted to go into standby following the playing and stopping of a 3D vid. (HTPC did go into standby but TV and receiver did not indicating the CEC standby was not transmitted due to MP noop) on resume from sleep got Win. Program not running info and MP closed. This happened twice, so I decided to clear the logs but then I could no longer reproduce:rolleyes:, so sorry no logs. I will add if I run into the problem again.
    The black sreen problem after swapping fullscreen/windowed when anything is playing, remains.:(

Yesterday we have a blackscreen with @Kotik and it seems to be register of LAV and madVR to do again.
    The blackscreen was happening only for TV (it seems) so it happen because wrong filter was in directshow graph.
    An ALT+TAB to another window and back ALT+TAB to MP show that window was present but in little upper left.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK tried V121 and for me it looks really good, no more flashing screens and "HDMI" being displayed by the TV.:) (Except when stopping 3D vid.)
    Regarding my blackscreen, no change. Please note I do not mean the former crash/hang type, what I see is a recoverable version, just a minor annoyance, toggling to and from windowed/fullscreen on the remote returns the display. 100% reproducible for me as follows:-
    Play TV or vid. in fullscreen
    Switch mp to windowed.
    Stop playback.....Black/blank screen
    Switch mp to fullscreen...normal display returns.

I have also found the logs for the crash on attempting standby I mentioned in my first post today, I will zip them up and attach them in the earlier post to hopefully avoid any confusion.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just to be sure that we understand each other.

Toggling from Fullscreen to Window or Window to Fullscreen, will always trigger the blackscreen :)
    It is because when doing that we reset the D3D device and then when stopping Video/TV, MP get lost and we need to reset it again to have fully recovery (but when playing anything).

I have already to fix that with no luck, I think the best way will be to avoid such change when madVR is running :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to be sure that we understand each other.

Toggling from Fullscreen to Window or Window to Fullscreen, will always trigger the blackscreen :)
    It is because when doing that we reset the D3D device and then when stopping Video/TV, MP get lost and we need to reset it again to have fully recovery (but when playing anything).

OK, understood.;)

I have already to fix that with no luck, I think the best way will be to avoid such change when madVR is running :)
    Ironically, perhaps, it is because I am using madvr that I need to do the change so often to get to the settings.:D

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    V121.

@joecrow :)
    Trying something, can you try/test ?

V121 With Nvidia (native) not a single Dxva Process failed message on ZAP on deep test including Scrambled and FTA SD and HD channels and tuner change.
    I can't try IntelHd4000 at the moment.

3D is still problematic (with Intel Hd4000 was perfect).
    First video goes fine. second video (I assume always wait for 3D mode release) Madvr 3D, TV in 3D but image 2D. I received also a Blank screen (no image, couldn't even recover windows GUI or start menu until video stopped). ALT TAB didn't work either. Happened several times.

I'm almost 100% sure, 3D starts properly ALWAYS but something deactivates the video 3D in the first second of video play.

MP never crashed or freezed.
    Several times MP GUI went blank on video stop.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastii I am not seeing any 3D problems and for sure not those reported by alexdepalma and others, is it safe to assume that they are specific to Nvidia graphics only?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom