Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Found the issue for radio :)
    From few build ago, i change the way to start the stream but in vmr9 code and vmr9 code is null when no video lol.
    Should be fixed in next build :p

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately i still have the blackscreen issue after 3D stop... i will check the newest version today. But somehow i dont think its an MP issue at all meanwhile.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi people

I am back up and running on my HTPC having done a clean Win 10 install and a fresh install of v206 all looks good except I can't get 3D working (just plays it as 2D i.e. not SBS), same with MPC-HC so it is not MP. 3D is switched on in Windows but I seem to remember that the std. LAV package does not include something needed for 3D but don't remember what it was, any help on that is most welcome.
    @daWooky Regarding the 3D settings I'm pretty sure I have tried just about all the combinations possible but will confirm again once I get 3D working again.:p
    @GeYe Many thanks for posting your settings, just one question I normally use full RGB is your colour setting there a 4K thing?

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joecrow,

there is an extra package for LAV that has to be downloaded, installed and activated. Than can be done from within the LAV filter settings if i am not wrong:

upload_2016-9-18_11-55-5.png upload_2016-9-18_11-56-36.png

I am using 4K Full RGB for my graphics card and TV levels (16-235) for my TV and madvr... this should provide a video chain with as little conversions as possible. Only issue is that the desktop will show washed out blacks. But i will will use another picture mode for games anyway so no issue for me :)

Btw. i am only using 2160p display modes within the madvr displaymode switcher... this way all files are going to be upscaled to 4K (i think madvr scales better than the TV) as they would be upscaled anyway by the TV.

3D will still work/show in 1080p anyway as windows switches to 1080p 3D resolution automatically whenever framepacked 3D is played.
    So 3D will be upscaled to 4K by the TV itself then.

--- Post updated ---
    I will attach the needed bin in first post for LAV 3D :)

EDIT : Done, just need to be copied along LAV bin :p

@Sebastiii is this the file that is needed for LAV filters ? Or this something that is needed for MP?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's the H.264 MVC file that comes from LAV package, so only needed for LAV :)

I have setup all the chain to 0-255 and black is black, not sure if it's the right think to do but for me it is :p lol

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii Many thanks 3D is now working OK and the refresh rate is being reset back to 50hz after playback,:) so it looks like if nothing else the clean install etc has been worthwhile. Please note when I reinstalled MP I did restore all the original settings via MP Backup so my guess it there was some old stuff still hanging around causing the problem, anyway I will do some more testing and let you know. Judging form the viewing last night OV no longer has the very slow return to menu issue I reported on v205, again maybe the same problem.
    Bottom line is that it is all looking much better.(y)(y):D
    @rohnfe that was just a question to GeYe who does have a 4K display, sadly my TV is only HD, but thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom