[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really weird too :(
    Can you upload logs to try to see what can trigger this ? :)
    It happen for all video ?
    And for sure it didn't happen yet here.

I think the time has come to do a clean Win 10 install to check with just a basic system if the RX 460 is really defective, I can't help wondering if the problems I'm having with it and the non resetting of the refresh rate after 3D playback (which also effected my old GPU) are maybe related to something that is or was installed on both my PCs.:unsure:. I'll let you know how it goes.;)
    Gigabyte support for the RX 460 so far has been very slow and disapointing.(n)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Really weird too :(
    Can you upload logs to try to see what can trigger this ? :)
    It happen for all video ?
    And for sure it didn't happen yet here.

I think the time has come to do a clean Win 10 install to check with just a basic system if the RX 460 is really defective, I can't help wondering if the problems I'm having with it and the non resetting of the refresh rate after 3D playback (which also effected my old GPU) are maybe related to something that is or was installed on both my PCs.:unsure:. I'll let you know how it goes.;)
    Gigabyte support for the RX 460 so far has been very slow and disapointing.(n)

But if MPC-HC works, it's maybe because something is slow with C# vs C++ on stop :(
    And if EVR works too, it surely madVR branch for sure :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if MPC-HC works, it's maybe because something is slow with C# vs C++ on stop :(
    And if EVR works too, it surely madVR branch for sure :)
    Yes you maybe right regarding the non reset but I do really need to check out the problem with the RX 460 which will fail (reboot) even with a manual refresh rate change, i.e. MP closed and Madvr not running (even tried uninstalling and deleting).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Trying something in there :
    V206 :p

madVR V206. (moved some method for restoring display mode and changed how releasing is done to avoid madVR exception and set rendering all frames for atmolight)

Last edited:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey seb, hey guys,
    once again back from travelling i tried v205 yesterday, no bs on tuner change or stop - to good to be true (y)(y)(y)
    so with clients all seems nice and smooth exept some minor weirdness on my htcp the osd overlay when going back while playing a video drops frames like mad same happens at the tv menu when tv starts or i go back to it from running fullscreen.i even lowering settings for downscaling to dxva, fse on or off and so on but no change still a little lag show^^, no errors (only some fse lost), realy weird.
    and we watched a 3d sbs video last night, with forced subs that broke smooth playback as soon as the first sub appear frames start dropping (even pause or jumping forward-backward wont help) so we had to watch it with mphc, gues what no weird behavior the sub s*** is playing nicely (could well be something with xysubfilter)....
    wasnt in the mood to play more with it, will try again tonight and in general it looks very promising:)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yap, it was on a nvidia 640 singleseat, but not on a client with 1060

edit: dshowhelper_hack removed
    works great, smooth and nice again,thx

edit2 : @joecrow damn tricky amd ^^
    only curious whats your madvr 3d settings here
    see mine:
    3dUnbenannt.PNG

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to let you know that as expected with just a basic win 10 clean install (win 10 and latest amd display driver) my rx 460 still fails on when changing the refresh rate.:mad: So it is back to my trusty HD 6670 and I will again be sending the RX 460 back to the retailer only this time for my money back not a replacement.:(
    When everything is back up and running I'll let you know if the its still not resetting refresh rate after 3D.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom