[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (12 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If it's all good then no need logs for now :p that's good thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastiii
    Finally sucessfully upgraded to Win 10 1709 and got MP 1.18 Final working well, still a problem with PowerDVD 15 which I'm still trying to fix. I then gave v451 a try but again ran into the blackscreen problem playing vids in TVS, I updated Madvr to 0.92.11 and LAV to the latest nightly (0.70.02.88) but no change. :(I also noticed that I still have some kind of problem toggling fullscreen when a problem vid has started in blackscreen, it is fine from fullscreen to windowed, which results in the vid becoming visible but back to fullscreen takes a long time and once it gets there further commands are also sluggish and for example jump forward eventually works but the gui does not display and finally on stop it goes back to a blackscreen which I can only get out of by killing MP with the Task Manager, (this problem as far as I can tell is only when using DVXA2 Copy-Back).:(
    I tried going back to v443 but no change then 1.19pre but also the same, so it looks like what ever is causing the blackscreen TVS problem was introduced with 1.19pre and nothing directly to do with the 1703 to 1709 update. For the time being I am using D3D11 with EVR for TV as a workaround but I really would like to get to the bottom of the problem but I'm running out of ideas, hope you can help. Attached are v451 logs for the playback of a TVS "blackscreen" vid with toggling fullscreen-windowed-fullscreen then stop and kill MP with Task Manager (MP showing 30+% CPU).
    BTW I did a fresh install of the 1.19pre, no change.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_25_01_18__18_40.zip
      202.7 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Somehow the D3D device is kinda lost and then trying to reset it failed :(
    Not sure what happen here but like you can reproduce it and not here, we need to test directly on your rig.
    So 1.18 works fine and with EVR too right ?
    EVR failed with V451 (toggle fullscreen) right ?
    Are you available on IRC and for testing some trick ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm on IRC and see you there but no response to hallo, most likely me not knowing how it works:oops:. Too late now let me know when poss. tomorrow.:p

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    testing 450

Its been may days without problems. Only two. From time to time, i get what was looking a freeze on video stop. Leaving MP freeze for a wile didn't helped but when trying to kill MP, it self recovered on keyboard press. hHad that several times but couldn't reproduce. apparently MP is freeze for several seconds and even minutes. Dont know how to reproduce and catch logs.

today at 08:43, I had a crash (Madvr crash) on OV playback.

Here logs

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_27_01_18__08_43.zip
      2.1 MB
    • madVR - crash report.txt
      66.9 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When the freeze occurs :) try to grab info from madTraceProcess32 tools :p

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi @Sebastiii I have a feature request: would it be possible to pass the 'crop settings' values of live TV to madVR? I was watching a programme on an SD channel and there was that thin dotted line of encoded data in the first half of line 1 with no way to hide it except using Zoom 14:9
    I can use the overscan setting of the TV but this loses image quality plus you can't finely tune by how many pixels you want to overscan.

The ideal solution (because cropping is only available on live TV and not on recorded) would be a "free zoom" aspect ratio option in MP that you could increase/decrease in % but I guess this would be a bit more complicated to implement and it's not a must have now that many people have fully moved to HD.

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom