[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi seb, thx for the new version.
    here v2 version with core change, stop works again (y) but fullscreen is lost

should the new mepo.exe act like alt+enter (fullscreen) and stop?

edit: without mepo.exe change tv is broken like joe sayd

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
      Screenshot (1).png
      230.5 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First off very sorry but it looks like I am not able to create a clip or cut down/edit the size of my MKV/MVC videos without some form of reformatting which destroys the 3D function.:oops: If you have 20GB available somewhere I would be happy to upload.

Nope not needed the mediaportal.exe except if something failed.
    But it seems that the core is needed :)

I don't know for display modes, i remember setting something surely for refresh rate. madVR can do the refresh rate change on his own if i'm not wrong :p.
    Agreed but where where should the refresh rate change be actioned, in MP or madvr? i.e. should I disable refresh rate changing in MP?
    The new core was installed for the test.

Plugins should have an update for the change with madvr, i have added something but that not the correct way to do it so in final OV can failed.

But the blinking you are seeing happen also without OV and the ResetD3D hack should solve it on playback stop.

OK I'm happy to leave that on hold.;)
    Thanks
    Joe

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Agreed but where where should the refresh rate change be actioned, in MP or madvr? i.e. should I disable refresh rate changing in MP?
    The new core was installed for the test.

hi joe,
    madvr change the rate a̶̶u̶̶t̶̶o̶̶m̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶f̶̶a̶̶u̶̶l̶̶t̶* , i disabled rate switch in MP no need to do it 2 times thought i
    3D playback with madvr is a different beast ^^ -depends on many thngs. better to config and tested with mpc-hc or potplayer before trying in Mepo

*edit: i thought wrong maybe it has changed over time
    to have madVR automatically switch to the proper refresh rate, you have to enter the refresh rates of the display.

Attachments

• modes.png
      modes.png
      24.9 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About the TV, i think i have do something on my own branch, i will try to find the commit for that :) and maybe push a tvplugin dll to test :)

An updated branch or patch need for developers. :p

In fact, the branch will be deleted and we should work with the branch from Tourettes fork :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi joe,
    madvr change the rate automatic by default, i disabled rate switch in MP no need to do it 2 times thought i
    3D playback with madvr is a different beast ^^ -depends on many thngs. better to config and tested with mpc-hc or potplayer before trying in Mepo

Hi DaWooky
    Thanks for the refresh rate tip that makes a lot of sense. In fact the 3D playback using madvr and Mepo is now looking real good, for me, clearly there are other issues elsewhere but it looks very promising and I hope the developers can get it all sorted for the final 1.14. I will hold the mpc-hc/madvr option in reserve since I have a fully paid up version of PowerDVD15 currently in use, though the Mepo intergration is horrible and not too reliable with .iso which is why I am so looking forward to having a 3D .mkv option using the internal player. BTW do you know if MPC-HC now supports 3D with madvr? I've not seen anything on the MPC forum but I have not checked the nightly builds for some time. Unfortunately I can only assign very limited testing time as my HTPC needs to be fully functional evenings and weekends and my desktop PC does not have a 3D display.:rolleyes:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    madVR will not going into 1.14 Final but maybe for 1.15 :)

Nothing was added specifically in MP to manage 3D with madvr, so i suppose with MPC-HC it will work too (and ofc LAV)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi seb, thx for the new version.
    here v2 version with core change, stop works again (y) but fullscreen is lost

should the new mepo.exe act like alt+enter (fullscreen) and stop?

edit: without mepo.exe change tv is broken like joe sayd

i will retest but yes i have add code to exe to act like alt-enter, but that should be removed because it seems that core v2 is better :)
    i will try to reproduce the blackscreen on TV to try to see what happen.

Could you explain what you are doing in step by step ?
    I will re-read previous post to be sure that i have not missed something.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a tvplugin version to test :)

So to summarize :
    1- Install V2 installer
    2- Use core V2 dll
    3- Do not use the mediaportal_madVR.zip (i have removed it)
    4- Try the tvplugin, you maybe need to use the switch /avoidversioncheck to start MP (for ex : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe" /avoidversioncheck)

Maybe it will fix some blackscreen issue when zapping but not sure lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom