[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    SVP is a frame interpolation solution that is used by people to either properly display 23.976 content on non 23.976 displays or to double the frame rate of a video in order to increase smoothness, one thing to notice here is that it is also using GPU to do that so my only concern regarding using it in combination with madvr is GPU power, since both SVP and Madvr are using GPU's Processing Shaders.

In other words u need a really good GPU :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SVP is a frame interpolation solution that is used by people to either properly display 23.976 content on non 23.976 displays or to double the frame rate of a video in order to increase smoothness, one thing to notice here is that it is also using GPU to do that so my only concern regarding using it in combination with madvr is GPU power, since both SVP and Madvr are using GPU's Processing Shaders.

I'm using an GTX970. :) I really like the fact that movies are displayed in 60fps. Much more smoothness! But the question was if I can use it in combination with Madvr..

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

I'm using an GTX970. :) I really like the fact that movies are displayed in 60fps. Much more smoothness! But the question was if I can use it in combination with Madvr..

U can try and see how ur GPU will behave :)

It all comes down to madvr settings, there no GPU out there right now that can run Madvr with its settings set to MAX quality. This is why i told u that generally it should work and it depends on the settings u will set in madvr combined to SVP running at the same time.

Try it.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes you can but there are tradeoffs. SVP takes a lot of processing ability, so madVR may not be able to do much clever stuff in the left over cycles. You could 'offload' SVP to a separate card in you have internal+external GPU running together. It will still give madVR more frames to deal with however...

On 3d, have you guys tested different 3d media? I get very succesful outcomes with Epic 3D, but not so much with Cloudy With A etc etc. Both were ripped with MakeMKV on the same day with same settings.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Need testing guys :p
    V116 attached.

I have try the 3D with this setting :

upload_2016-7-2_23-9-3.png

And on DEV PC i wasn't able to play the 3D content (while MPC-HC does) but when searching why, when i disable OSD Callback to render all MP OSD stuff, it was working, i have no clue if it's an issue with madVR or MP because, there is no other software that permit to use OSD Callback to compare.

I have added a weird hack, if fact, i have delayed the OSD callback after video start to be displayed, like this on my testing, it works now.
    I have also notice while debugging that madVR send a setdevice to 0x000000, so i have handled properly and it should try to init something with wrong value.

So all to say that we need regression testing, i have only tested video sample and not yet the TV Part.

So @alexdepalma it can maybe solve the issue to avoid moving the mouse for making 3D working :)

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yep OSD fine, watched queue drop to 2 then back up to 4 when OSD gone. Will test out some 3D tomorrow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom