[Finished] Make EPG entry point for watching and recording TV (1 Viewer)

What is the expected behavior for selected programs in EPG? (1) for running, (2) for future programs

• (1) & (2): Always a dialogue with choices to watch or record, ... appears

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • (1) -> program shown directly, info button shows dialogue, (2) -> context dialogue.

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

The Solutor

Portal Pro
August 25, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Being the first who asked for that I 'm very pleased that something is done in that direction.

Having a contextual menu on the main mouse/remote button is (was) a big UI/UX mistake, no matter if personally one may like to have the function swapped.

It's since OS2/Win95 that the rule is Left button = function /Right button = contextual menu, there is no reason in the world to have this long standing and well accepted standard reversed in MP2.

This must be the default, then an option to swap it is welcome as any other option meant to fit a personal liking.

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I prefer to play channel when pressing ok. But when the channel is currently recording I prefer a dialog asking if playing at live point or from recording. If the recording has been watched partly before it should ask for resuming or start from beginning. This is how we did it in MP iViewer.

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    yepp, that makes sense.

Obviously, especially while on single tuner configuration, and a channel is being recorded, a direct channel switch will be dangerous and not expected, in that case, at least, a warning dialog asking what to do would be necessary.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The changes have been merged to 2.1 development branch:
    • A new setting allows to turn on/off "zap from guide" (default: on)
    • On:
      • "Ok" on running program tunes the channel
      • "Context menu": the known dialog is shown
    • Off:
      • "Ok": the known dialog is shown
      • "Context menu": the known dialog is shown
    But when the channel is currently recording I prefer a dialog asking if playing at live point or from recording. If the recording has been watched partly before it should ask for resuming or start from beginning
    This option was already available inside the menu items, if the program is currently recording. If you now have "zapping on", you will only get this option by context menu though.

You might guess: I will keep this option off ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom