Make your TV-Series Folders Pretty (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I made this little .exe to auto create folder.jpg for Series + Season folders

Run Pretty TV Series.exe, wait a bit, bask in superb folder image magical kingdom bliss.

temp.jpg

How it works:
    The .exe is pretty smart it goes through your tv series database
    For every episode it places a folder.jpg in the same folder as the episode file
    If the folder contains the word 'season' or 'special' or is a number eg '1930' then it uses a season poster, otherwise it uses a series poster. If a season poster is not available it will use a series poster intead.
    It also places a series folder.jpg in the parent folder to the episode.
    It will not overwrite any existing folder.jpg files

download
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/pretty-tv-series-zip.134632/

Enjoy
    KiwiJunglist

Last edited:

pogo1104

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    Verry Nice!

The *.zip from above has no SQLite3.dll. I must first create a Folder "lib" and put the .dll into before your Programm starts.

bye
    pogo1104

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @kiwijunglist,
    I had to create a lib folder and add a SQLite3.dll as well. If it is fine with you I have attached a zip file with a folder with the exe, the lib folder, and the dll inside the lib folder to make this program work.

Attachments

• Pretty TV Series.zip
      764.2 KB

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    My only idea to improve on this would be a GUI that would allow you to choose Movie's or TV Show's. I know doing the movies might be a little harder but just an idea. Also it would be cool if this could be set to run in the background and watch these folders. Just some suggestion and if you decide to implement this I would more than willing to help test.

Edit:
    I was searching the forums and stumbled onto this thread that does the movie's for anyone that is interested.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ork-and-details-to-movie-folder-v0-5-6.71649/

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes to moving pictures . maybe to background. movies is actually easier. there are already tools to do movies.

was also going to do make music pretty with artist thumb and album pics for folder and patent folder as well as create html with music tv movie collection list mouse over details and link to trailers but i need an html coder to help with work load.[DOUBLEPOST=1376327805][/DOUBLEPOST]ie.. some one to do the html table and js template amd formatting.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    With the HTML, how would you run it? As a simple page they click on or something kinda like MediaPortal Extender, which has to have a dedicated web server? I may be able to help with the html. PM to talk about the html stuff.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    local html file. user can share via email . maybe future option to add ftp upload. not sure about images. either no image or subfolder with image or hotlink web images. neeed someone who can do csss styles.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The MovPicNFO plugin can pretty much do all of this already for movies from Moving-Pictures. It is originally designed to make re-imports easy via XBMC scraper (even off-line), but the side effect is that when you configure the filenames properly, such as folder.jpg for cover, that you get the same results to make pretty folders.

As far as ensuring each movie has their own folder, MovPic has a rename system build-in that can be used for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom