Making RegEx list for series/movie matching extensible for users (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, will use this for testing.

Some things are not yet clear to me, maybe you can explain?

Replacements:
    • "tagEnabled" --> what's the meaning of this flag?
    • "before" --> should we introduce this as well? If the replacement is not done before matching, why should it be done after a successful match?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, feature is implemented. @ajs how could you test it? I could think about a console application with config file and log outputs.

I can provide an example for replacement rules and patterns, but you would have to add all the ones from your quotes above (they have to be in xml structure).

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    what's the meaning of this flag?
    It is better to clarify the developer of the plugin.
    I could think about a console application with config file and log outputs.
    Those. unpack, run, send a log file? It is not difficult, can do such a thing.
    I can provide an example for replacement rules and patterns, but you would have to add all the ones from your quotes above (they have to be in xml structure).
    While I do not intend to move to MP2, I do not particularly interesting. Adding rules, etc. etc. I probably will not. Since Now I rework FanartHandler plug.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    "before" --> should we introduce this as well? If the replacement is not done before matching, why should it be done after a successful match?
    upload_2016-1-20_22-25-43.png upload_2016-1-20_22-25-55.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have implemented the string replacements also with support for "before" and "after". Not sure where it applied "after" in TvSeries, I do the replacement then on series name and episode name.

Jira entry created: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-515.
    And changes commited to new branch: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/a21afd937eee

I will create a test executable for trying the matching logic without MP2 in the next few days.

Just a not: when I enable some of the replacements from ajs above, the unit test for series matching will fail.

This means: "with great power comes great responsibility" ;) changes are high to break the inbuilt defaults :p

@Developers and @Testers

Once this feature is well tested, we must document it in our new wiki. There our @DocumentationGroup could help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom