Making sense of some of the terms used in trakt (watchlist,watched,library etc) (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi. Can I ask several stupid questions? Maybe they appeared coz my english is not so good to understand all trakt features :(
    First of all, what is the difference between watchlist and watched eps/movies? Is watchlist is what you are going to watch?
    Where I can read about collections in trakt? What is library?
    Related movies/shows are pretty clear to understand but choices of movies/show are weird. Will there be the way to browse trakt for movies/shows or maybe to search movie/show thru trakt?
    Sorry again. Shame on me :(
    UPD. And can someone point me to trakt profile full of features (lists, wathlists, watched items etc) to test friends view in plugin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Edalex, they are not stupid questions and can be confusing at first. Let me try to help you understand it better:

what is the difference between watchlist and watched eps/movies? Is watchlist is what you are going to watch?
    WatchList is a special type of list you can create, lets say you are browsing the trending movies and find something you are interested in watching. In this case you might add it to your WatchList. Once you have watched it ie scrobbled it by MediaPortal or marked as seen from website it will automatically remove it from your WatchList. So in summary its a list of items you are interested in watching.

Where I can read about collections in trakt? What is library?
    Ok, Library and Collection are very similar. Library is a list of items that you have watched, rated or own e.g. Lets say you Mark several movies as seen on website, even though you dont own them they will be added to your library.

Collection on the otherhand only includes items that you physically own e.g. An tv episode or movie that is synced from your local tvseries / movies database on MediaPortal.

Will there be the way to browse trakt for movies/shows or maybe to search movie/show thru trakt?
    We certainly will add support for this in future along with being able to browse your own library from trakt plugin.

can someone point me to trakt profile full of features (lists, wathlists, watched items etc) to test friends view in plugin.
    Add me as a friend ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom