Managed to get bitperfect! (1 Viewer)

burken

Portal Member
May 13, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks a lot for the PureAudio/ASIO Music Player plugin! I have finally been able to get bitperfect audio with MediaPortal using the plugin.
:D

I have the following equipment/software:
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
Realtek HD Audio (with 44.1 kHz support)
MediaPortal 1.0.0.0
ASIO4ALL 2.9
PureAudio 0.2.0.2

I can play a DTS 44.1kHz-encoded WAV file and my amplifier detects that it is DTS and play the music without problems. When playing the same WAV file without PureAudio I just get noise so I am quite sure I get bitperfect audio with PureAudio.

It took some time before I got it to work though. First I didn't get any audio at all, just silence, no matter what music files I tried to play. In the settings, PureAudio uses the labels "First channel" and "Last channel" and that confused me a lot in the beginning. I tried a lot of combinations but I didn't get any sound. I enabled and disabled devices in the ASIO4ALL GUI but I just didn't get how I was supposed to configure the audio devices.

It was not until I downloaded and tried out Foobar2000 with ASIO4ALL that I figured out how to configure PureAudio. The ASIO settings dialog in Foobar2000 (ASIO Virtual Device Editor) is easier to understand. You can map a device to a channel with easy to understand names like "left", "right" etc and you can also play a test signal to help identify the device. This helped a lot and I was able to see what device corresponded to my SPDIF left/right signals. I think it would help newcomers to PureAudio if the settings interface was the same as in Foobar2000.

Edit:
After playing around some more I have realized that I don't get any sound from the PureAudio plugin (via SPDIF or analog) if I don't disable the HDMI audio device on my ATI graphics card in Device Manager.
And while Foobar2000 is good for understanding audio device settings, I have not been able to get bitperfect sound in Foobar2000, only in MediaPortal.

burken

burken

Portal Member
May 13, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What kind?

Please fill in "My system" as per here -> How to show System Specs

I have filled in System Specification now.

The Realtek audio I have is the onboard audio device on my motherboard, Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R. It is a Realtek ALC889A device. There are variants of this audio device, with or without built-in DTS support. I have the one without built-in DTS support and it supports multiple sampling frequencies. For comparison, in the manual for the motherboards with Realtek audio with DTS support, it looks like these devices only support 48 kHz.

I am currently using the RCA digital output connector.

burken

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Thanks a lot for the PureAudio/ASIO Music Player plugin! I have finally been able to get bitperfect audio with MediaPortal using the plugin.
    :D

I have the following equipment/software:
    Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
    MediaPortal 1.0.0.0
    ASIO4ALL 2.9
    PureAudio 0.2.0.2

I can play a DTS 44.1kHz-encoded WAV file and my amplifier detects that it is DTS and play the music without problems. When playing the same WAV file without PureAudio I just get noise so I am quite sure I get bitperfect audio with PureAudio.

It took some time before I got it to work though. First I didn't get any audio at all, just silence, no matter what music files I tried to play. In the settings, PureAudio uses the labels "First channel" and "Last channel" and that confused me a lot in the beginning. I tried a lot of combinations but I didn't get any sound. I enabled and disabled devices in the ASIO4ALL GUI but I just didn't get how I was supposed to configure the audio devices.

It was not until I downloaded and tried out Foobar2000 with ASIO4ALL that I figured out how to configure PureAudio. The ASIO settings dialog in Foobar2000 (ASIO Virtual Device Editor) is easier to understand. You can map a device to a channel with easy to understand names like "left", "right" etc and you can also play a test signal to help identify the device. This helped a lot and I was able to see what device corresponded to my SPDIF left/right signals. I think it would help newcomers to PureAudio if the settings interface was the same as in Foobar2000.

Edit:
    After playing around some more I have realized that I don't get any sound from the PureAudio plugin (via SPDIF or analog) if I don't disable the HDMI audio device on my ATI graphics card in Device Manager.
    And while Foobar2000 is good for understanding audio device settings, I have not been able to get bitperfect sound in Foobar2000, only in MediaPortal.

burken

here is screen of my ASIO setting in Pureaudio. I am trying but still get no sound
    Please help me

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      34.5 KB

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    and here is my pureadio configuration. I already disable HDMI audio device, but no sound at all

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      35.1 KB

burken

Portal Member
    May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do you get sound with the ASIO4ALL plugin in Foobar2000? It is easier to debug problems in that program than in MediaPortal.

Also, have you set the Realtek Digital Audio Device as default Audio Device in Windows?

burken

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Do you get sound with the ASIO4ALL plugin in Foobar2000? It is easier to debug problems in that program than in MediaPortal.

Also, have you set the Realtek Digital Audio Device as default Audio Device in Windows?

burken

Hi
    i did not get any sound on foobar2000 with asio4all plugin as well, and already set Realtek as default audio device :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom