Managed to get bitperfect! (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do you get sound with the ASIO4ALL plugin in Foobar2000? It is easier to debug problems in that program than in MediaPortal.

Also, have you set the Realtek Digital Audio Device as default Audio Device in Windows?

burken

Hi
i did not get any sound on foobar2000 with asio4all plugin as well, and already set Realtek as default audio device :(

Just a shot in the dark.
The ASIO4ALL config you show are made from MP config program or MP iteslf?
I found that the settings you made when running ASIO4ALL config from MP config are not seen by MP itself (maybe because it is a different exe file). Just play a song from within MP and then recheck ASIO4ALL settings by clicking on the icon in the system try.

As I previously said.
Just a wild guess.

grubi.

burken

Portal Member
May 13, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you enabled 44.1khz in the Realtek driver (Windows Vista Audio setting) and verfied that 44.1 khz audio work properly?

Do you get sound with the ASIO4ALL plugin in Foobar2000? It is easier to debug problems in that program than in MediaPortal.

Also, have you set the Realtek Digital Audio Device as default Audio Device in Windows?

burken

Hi
i did not get any sound on foobar2000 with asio4all plugin as well, and already set Realtek as default audio device :(

Just a shot in the dark.
The ASIO4ALL config you show are made from MP config program or MP iteslf?
I found that the settings you made when running ASIO4ALL config from MP config are not seen by MP itself (maybe because it is a different exe file). Just play a song from within MP and then recheck ASIO4ALL settings by clicking on the icon in the system try.

As I previously said.
Just a wild guess.

grubi.
This could be because you need admin rights to modify the plugin settings. If you are in Vista, use "Run as Administrator" when you run MediaPortal configuration and intend to change settings in the Pure Audio plugin.

burken

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had a similar Problem. PureAudio plays Audio-CD over HDMI instead of using spdif, no matter what output device is configured in ASIO4all and PureAudio.

The hint to disable the HDMI device in Windows device manager helps. Thanks! But this can just be a workaround, maybe this could be fixed in a future version of PureAudio.

diablosv

Portal Member
November 1, 2008
Home Country
I am using Realtek HD and Asio4ALL and in my findings Pureaudio does work through SPDIF, although there is a bug I get where if I stop playing music then play another track it would crash!
After fiddling a bit with it I managed to stop the crashing but it just becomes silent when stopping then playing music again, but then I found if I don't press stop and choose another track I will suddenly get sound!

When I took a closer look at what was going on, I could see for some reason SPDIF is coming up crossed out in the Asio4ALL configuration stating it is being used by another program... basically this is the same problem I see when trying to use Asio4ALL in different players, and so for some reason Pureaudio is able to get pass this initially but then the same problem can rear its ugly head!?

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
One of the reasons for what you described first could be that you have enabled skin sounds. I got this problem also and the reason was that if you select to play a song a skin sound is played which blocks spdif for ASIO4ALL and so you get silence. Selecting a different song while playing does not play a skin sound and that 's the reason why it works then.

grubi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom