[MANTIS 4331] - TvService crash when tune cancelled in same time as received new PMT (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ready for testing and scheduled for MP 1.4.0?! :)

Has it had any testing? In general I'd prefer to know that something has been tested by at least one more person before scheduling for 1.4.0.

Right now, it's getting hard to keep track of fixes for 1.4.0, and I don't want to have to push out a new internal test build every 2 days or it will just wear people down. :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Because this bug is causing crashing of TV Service I prefer to fix this in next release (1.3.1).

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I made only quick test. Today evening I'm planning to make deeper tests (with and without fixed bug) with hard-coded exceptions (because is hard to simulate right situation).

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I made deeper test with not-fixed TV service and result is that TV service didn't crash. I modified TsWriter to see, if something is returned from TV service callback and on callback exception is returned COR_E_EXCEPTION (0x80131500). I don't have any idea how this unhandled exception occurred. In fixed version is exception always catched.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I made deeper test with not-fixed TV service and result is that TV service didn't crash. I modified TsWriter to see, if something is returned from TV service callback and on callback exception is returned COR_E_EXCEPTION (0x80131500). I don't have any idea how this unhandled exception occurred. In fixed version is exception always catched.

So, you are happy that this fixes the problem and causes no regression? It is in the new build I just posted.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    So, you are happy that this fixes the problem and causes no regression? It is in the new build I just posted.
    It fixes only consequence of problem, not cause of problem. But at least TV service doesn't crash.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    It fixes only consequence of problem, not cause of problem. But at least TV service doesn't crash.

But it does exactly what it is intended to do? If so, and you are 100% confident, we should merge this to master and move on!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys,

Thanks Georgious, but it could be nice to find root of cause and open a new mantis for it ?
    Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom