Manual recording does not work (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I'm having problems with manual scheduled recording (where I'm supposed to specify time of the recording, for example when channel does not have EPG).

When I go into Recording and press New button, both "Quick record" and "Advanced record" buttons won't do anything (Nothing happens when I click on them).

Any idea what is wrong? Logs are included (I started up MP, went to New recording, pressed both buttons and exited).

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
This seems to be the cause. Any ideas?

Code:
[2013-07-03 19:10:06,332] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnQuickRecord()
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
[2013-07-03 19:10:07,513] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnAdvancedRecord()
  at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The code in TvPlugin is so sad that my eyes hurt, like million places where things can go wrong.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Is there anything I can do to help this issue? Maybe there is a way to enable line numbers in error messages or something to help you debug?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there anything I can do to help this issue? Maybe there is a way to enable line numbers in error messages or something to help you debug?

First task is to get someone else to confirm the problem - @Testers anyone ? - then get it into our bugtracker system.

I know my comments won't help anyone

Quite true....

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First task is to get someone else to confirm the problem - @Testers anyone ?

Can't reproduce with/without EPG. Both buttons working fine here and show the channels available for recording.

** EDIT **
    But there seems to be a focus issue with the channel list popup.

1. Enter Scheduled Recordings
    2. Hit New button
    3. Select Quick Record
    4. When the channel list opens, click outside MP GUI
    5. now click GUI again to regain focus and see navigation is stuck

Only was to get out of here is with ESC, so somehow the overlay isn't closed when you click outside MP, and when you regain focus, something is 'stuck'.

** EDIT2 **
    The above is now fixed, TNX Seb ;)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't confirm/reproduce the issue too but i can confirm focus issue and i know where it comes from :)
    It comes from with the MinimzeToTray fix introduce in 1.4.0, all focus is disposed even if minimize to try is not involved.
    I have an another fix for it.

So it's not related to this issue but when trying to reproduce it, we discover a child issue of MinimzeToTray fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom