manually write nfo files (1 Viewer)

CiXel

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In Moving Pictures 1.0 there is a XBMC NFO file scraper script which is seperate from the functionality that just grabs an IMDb ID from an NFO file for preprocessing.

This is a great addition and opens up the possibility of using external editors. Since MP and XBMC are sister apps, it makes sense to allow reading NFO files. This will come in very handy. Good show.

I do have one oddness however. When I set XBMC to the top criteria the IMDB as 2nd I'm not getting any auto approvals except for the few that MP actually deems valid from XBMC Local (which are sparse). This is with auto approval set at Reckless. Nothing from [imdb.com] gets flagged as ok nor the many others that are sitting in the importer waiting to be approved from an unnamed 'possible match'.

SHadow1312

Portal Member
August 21, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Try this Scraper, works perfect on my NFO-files generated by Ember Media Manager r1102

In single-NFO-files the genre (not genres) is inside the movie node.

Code:
	<set name="rx_file_check">
	  <![CDATA[
		(?<movie><genre>)
	  ]]>
	</set>

Attachments

• xbmc.xml
    30.6 KB

SHadow1312

Portal Member
August 21, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
:oops:
it is NOT perfect, but in most cases it will work...

- Genre must be filled, otherwise scraper doesn't find a valid file.

- Runtime is not filled, because EMM writes "124 mins" or "2 hours 4 mins".
- Certification shows full text
- Cover must be "<movie>.tbn"
- Backdrop must be "<movie>-fanart.jpg"

CiXel

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Try this Scraper, works perfect on my NFO-files generated by Ember Media Manager r1102
Thanks. This works Much better. It's picking up about 98% and auto-matching on high.
I too am using EMM to Generate.
The ones it seems to 'miss' are ones with Alternate English translated titles vs. the Original ie. Cinema Paradiso vs Nuovo cinema Paradiso.

This is a huge time saver though, considering I've already spent the time ;)

Actually, if I disable imdb all together and just use XMBC first and then Local, it seems to pick up all the translated titles properly from the .nfo
Even Better

Lack of Genre did bite me, but on the bright side, I was able to go set a Genre for those files, which is more useful in the end then having it set to none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom