Mapping the MCE Red Button to start Mediaportal

Discussion in 'Remotes' started by jasonwc, October 8, 2011.

1. jasonwc

jasonwc Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Final
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
    CPU Type: Core i3 550 3.2 Ghz
    HDD: 60 GB Crucial C300 SSD; 2 TB WD Green for TV recordings
    Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-UD3R
    Video Card: Nvidia GT430
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Ceton InfiniTV4 Quad-Cablecard Tuner
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Mediagate GP-IR02BK
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Basically, I'm trying to use the Red button on an MCE remote to start Mediaportal. I know that you can set Mediaportal to start using the green button but I'm already using that for MCE. I use WMC for recorded TV with a Ceton InfiniTV tuner and Mediaportal is used to playback my TV/Movies collection. Thus, I would like to program the Red button to start Mediaportal so that I can continue using the green button for MCE.

I've searched the forums pretty extensively but I don't think I've found a direct answer. I know Mediaportal can be configured to program the Green button to start MP. I also have found a bunch of threads which allow MCE buttons to be programed to load particular plugins such as Moving Pictures or the My-tv series plugin by editing MCE.xml. I would ALSO like to do this using the other teletext colored buttons (blue, yellow etc) - but I'm pretty sure I already have the instructions necessary to do this.

Can I do want without the use of a third-party application? I have already tried using IntelliRemote, and while it does what I want, it disables the quick scrolling feature on the MCE remote, and thus makes everything feel sluggish. I really would like to just program the red button to open MP and continue to use the default MS driver with the eHome receiver.

Is there a way to simply edit MCE.xml to achieve what I want?

Thanks,

Jason

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rekenaar
    • Premium Supporter

rekenaar Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Only thing I can think of, is the Translator program that is part of IRSS.

4. jasonwc

jasonwc Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the reply. I tried IRSS but wasn't able to get it to work with my MCE remote for some reason. I ended up getting a working solution with Intelliremote. I created a custom profile and deleted all the buttons except for the colored teletext buttons. I then programmed the MCE Red button to load Mediaportal and changed the trigger for the MCE profile so that it wouldn't load when I open MCE. Now I can use the default MCE driver with quick scroll support, green button for MCE start etc. but also use the red button to open Mediaportal.

:)

5. ryan20021982
    • Premium Supporter

ryan20021982 Retired Team Member

Prison Guard
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Home Country:
    IRSS could have done it I use it for Starting MP, running a batch file to kill MP if needed, and to run a batch file to copy the databases to a backup from time to time.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!