Mapping the MCE Red Button to start Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Final
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
CPU Type: Core i3 550 3.2 Ghz
HDD: 60 GB Crucial C300 SSD; 2 TB WD Green for TV recordings
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-UD3R
Video Card: Nvidia GT430
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Ceton InfiniTV4 Quad-Cablecard Tuner
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Mediagate GP-IR02BK
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Basically, I'm trying to use the Red button on an MCE remote to start Mediaportal. I know that you can set Mediaportal to start using the green button but I'm already using that for MCE. I use WMC for recorded TV with a Ceton InfiniTV tuner and Mediaportal is used to playback my TV/Movies collection. Thus, I would like to program the Red button to start Mediaportal so that I can continue using the green button for MCE.

I've searched the forums pretty extensively but I don't think I've found a direct answer. I know Mediaportal can be configured to program the Green button to start MP. I also have found a bunch of threads which allow MCE buttons to be programed to load particular plugins such as Moving Pictures or the My-tv series plugin by editing MCE.xml. I would ALSO like to do this using the other teletext colored buttons (blue, yellow etc) - but I'm pretty sure I already have the instructions necessary to do this.

Can I do want without the use of a third-party application? I have already tried using IntelliRemote, and while it does what I want, it disables the quick scrolling feature on the MCE remote, and thus makes everything feel sluggish. I really would like to just program the red button to open MP and continue to use the default MS driver with the eHome receiver.

Is there a way to simply edit MCE.xml to achieve what I want?

Thanks,

Jason

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Only thing I can think of, is the Translator program that is part of IRSS.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. I tried IRSS but wasn't able to get it to work with my MCE remote for some reason. I ended up getting a working solution with Intelliremote. I created a custom profile and deleted all the buttons except for the colored teletext buttons. I then programmed the MCE Red button to load Mediaportal and changed the trigger for the MCE profile so that it wouldn't load when I open MCE. Now I can use the default MCE driver with quick scroll support, green button for MCE start etc. but also use the red button to open Mediaportal.

:)

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    IRSS could have done it I use it for Starting MP, running a batch file to kill MP if needed, and to run a batch file to copy the databases to a backup from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom