Maximum number of file in folder? (1 Viewer)

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Good morning!

Do you know if there is a limit to the maximum number of files Mediaportal show into a folder?

I've a folder with circa 3200 video files but only 3000 are shown so circa 200 are lost some files have been "touched" by a bugged Linux / Android device and so they have a creation date of 1/1/1970 (Unix EPOCH) other have Japanese characters into the name but I don't think this could be the problem... I fear more some hardcoded limitation.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    I have no way to know without full Watchdog debug-level log files and some examples of full MediaInfo output for missing and non-missing files.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Maybe. There could be error details in the log files. At the very least there will be the list of the file types/extensions that MP recognises, so I could check that the extensions for the missing files are in the list.

In short: without log files and further details, nobody can provide any further help.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I've found what was the problem a lot of these file were divided in CD1, CD2 etc and so Mediaportal shown them as one only file! In the end all the files are present simply shown in a different way...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Yep, the stacked files,

but 3000 video/movie on the same folder .... ouch with all thumb related

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    I've found what was the problem a lot of these file were divided in CD1, CD2 etc and so Mediaportal shown them as one only file! In the end all the files are present simply shown in a different way...
    Thanks for reporting the outcome. It can be really helpful for people reading this thread in future. (y) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    SpudR Missing Page Numbers Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 11
    framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    C How do I see the broadcast channel decimal numbers in the guide? General 0
    M Version numbers MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    CyberSimian [fixed] Channel number in zap OSD MediaPortal 1 107
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    N [Question] How come when I build WIP_2.2.1 the logged version number is 2.1.1711.10774? MediaPortal 2 1
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    mikeyp [solved] MP 2.2 EPG Channel Numbers General 2
    A Filenaming Season and Episode Numbers not working General Support 1
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G WTV files General 11
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    M Keymapping Which File To Edit General Support 4
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8