Maximum number of file in folder? (1 Viewer)

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Good morning!

Do you know if there is a limit to the maximum number of files Mediaportal show into a folder?

I've a folder with circa 3200 video files but only 3000 are shown so circa 200 are lost some files have been "touched" by a bugged Linux / Android device and so they have a creation date of 1/1/1970 (Unix EPOCH) other have Japanese characters into the name but I don't think this could be the problem... I fear more some hardcoded limitation.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have no way to know without full Watchdog debug-level log files and some examples of full MediaInfo output for missing and non-missing files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe. There could be error details in the log files. At the very least there will be the list of the file types/extensions that MP recognises, so I could check that the extensions for the missing files are in the list.

In short: without log files and further details, nobody can provide any further help.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I've found what was the problem a lot of these file were divided in CD1, CD2 etc and so Mediaportal shown them as one only file! In the end all the files are present simply shown in a different way...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've found what was the problem a lot of these file were divided in CD1, CD2 etc and so Mediaportal shown them as one only file! In the end all the files are present simply shown in a different way...
    Thanks for reporting the outcome. It can be really helpful for people reading this thread in future. (y) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom