Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Congratulations to the sub forum!!! Keep up the great work.

best regards
    cul8er

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (v 0.3.254)

The rules where introduced AFTER skins like StreamedMP allready had their own subforums.

What should I have done once we had rules?
    Removed their subforum?

Definitly not.

But I would still like to see them using our repository rather than placing the downloads on google code. ;)

Well, personally, I think the rules are unnecessarily arbitrary, specifically pertaining to the number of downloads required to be 'hot'. Rather than having specific targets for download numbers Admin/Mods could use their initiative to realise which skins/plugins are becoming 'hot' and act accordingly.

I think it could be deduced that Maya was eventually going to reach the download target and perhaps when this became clear a subforum could have been created. But now we have a nearly 110 page thread full of information that can't be broken down in to respective topics. This is not such a problem for experienced users of MediaPortal although it is pretty inconvenient, however, I think a new user may find it pretty daunting.

I certainly don't want to come across as a troll and realise that I'm taking this thread off-topic, for which I apologise. But rational debate can lead to better outcomes/understanding for everyone. :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (v 0.3.254)

The rules where introduced AFTER skins like StreamedMP allready had their own subforums.

What should I have done once we had rules?
    Removed their subforum?

Definitly not.

But I would still like to see them using our repository rather than placing the downloads on google code. ;)

Well, personally, I think the rules are unnecessarily arbitrary, specifically pertaining to the number of downloads required to be 'hot'. Rather than having specific targets for download numbers Admin/Mods could use their initiative to realise which skins/plugins are becoming 'hot' and act accordingly.
    We thought about that.
    But we came to the conclusion that it is better to have a few, easy to accomplish rules which qualify for a subforum, rather than depending on the "goodwill" of forum admins and moderators. ;)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    2010-05-18 16:12:15.767375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.VisualEffect.Create(XmlNode node)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.UpdateControlWithXmlData(GUIControl control, Type controlType, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines, String filename)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.Create(Int32 dwParentId, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines, String filename)

2010-05-18 16:12:15.767375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Parent: 35 Id: 201
    2010-05-18 16:12:15.771375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.UpdateControlWithXmlData(GUIControl control, Type controlType, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines, String filename)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControlFactory.Create(Int32 dwParentId, XmlNode pControlNode, IDictionary defines, String filename)

2010-05-18 16:12:15.771375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Parent: 35 Id: 307
    2010-05-18 16:12:15.773375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and

2010-05-18 16:14:18.434391 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()
    2010-05-18 16:14:18.453392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2010-05-18 16:14:18.453392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Parent: 35 Id: 201
    2010-05-18 16:14:18.457393 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2010-05-18 16:14:18.457393 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Parent: 35 Id: 307
    2010-05-18 16:14:18.460393 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIControlFactory.Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Has this something to do with the skin? Using RC3(update) + svn maya.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread)

Congrats guys! Keep up the great work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom