Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: A new simple skin ***UPDATE 16-12-09***

I made a bugreport here about the problem, I tried everything to solve it, bu no luck:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rency-not-handled-correctly-74234/#post543046

Unfortunately TsReader has kept me busy, so I haven't had any change to test different DirectX settings. More critical bugs come first (also I have only limited D3D knowledge so most likely I wont be able to fix it).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Maya: A simple skin ***UPDATE 16-12-09***

Also keep in mind that fixes in pandoras box.... i mean the skinengine are extremelly risky.
    One line of code can cause issues where you spend weeks of bughunting later on just to find out that the only fix will be to revert that initial change. We allready where there recently.
    This is why i suggest to not risk anything for such a minor, visual enhancement. Even though it looks great. :)

Major parts of MP1's codebase reached its expiration date a long time ago. Thats why more and more devs now (finally) switch over to MP2 to get it moving.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

This is why i suggest to not risk anything for such a minor, visual enhancement. Even though it looks great. :)

Yep, that is the 2nd reason why I havent had a look on the issue. The issue is really minor and fixing it could cause many times worser UI corruption for example.

J

joostzilla

Yep, that is the 2nd reason why I havent had a look on the issue. The issue is really minor and fixing it could cause many times worser UI corruption for example.

Thanks for looking into it. For MediaPortal One we found a nice alternative to the rounded corners.
    So please concentrate on MediaPortal Two. I cant wait to design a state of the art skin for it. :D

p.s. Although MP1 skin engine reached its limits longtime ago I believe it still offers quite a powerfull experience. Yes XBMC's skin engine is far ahead but all the eyecandy can not compete with the features MP offers. The TV section of MP alone justifies a poorer skin engine. :D
    I love MP and its community. Keep up the great work!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Some quick notes on usability (based on the screen shots only)

Home screen

• weekday text too small

Quick guide

• Clock is placed on ankward place. It would look much more natural if it would be placed in the right top corner of the dialog, or at least on the left bottom corner (same goes for the samlle quick guide. Also there is MP logo that wont give any extra value for the end user)
    • Channel name and the progress indicator (%) is not aligned nicely (skin engine issue?)

Weather

• 5 day forecast view has low contrast in "feels like, Humidity..." part, this will give hard time on eyes.

TV OSD

• Most likely a too small font used in the description. Even 50% bigger fot wouldn't increase the OSD size too much and would allow users to read much quicker the program description.
    • Language selection contains much too small font

Movies / filmstrip

• Total movies count is unreadable because it is rendered on the top of a reflection.

J

joostzilla

Some quick notes on usability (based on the screen shots only)

Home screen

• weekday text too small

noted

Quick guide

• Clock is placed on ankward place. It would look much more natural if it would be placed in the right top corner of the dialog, or at least on the left bottom corner (same goes for the samlle quick guide. Also there is MP logo that wont give any extra value for the end user)
    • Channel name and the progress indicator (%) is not aligned nicely (skin engine issue?)

The clock is aligned with the list of programmes. (That is a design rule ;) Yes it will on the right top corner. (logo Mp is already removed)
    The channel name and percentage are right aligned.
    Weather

• 5 day forecast view has low contrast in "feels like, Humidity..." part, this will give hard time on eyes.

noted

TV OSD

• Most likely a too small font used in the description. Even 50% bigger fot wouldn't increase the OSD size too much and would allow users to read much quicker the program description.
    • Language selection contains much too small font

Tv osd is already redesigned for better readability.

Movies / filmstrip

• Total movies count is unreadable because it is rendered on the top of a reflection.

Will be solved

Thanks for the comments!

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

o my good not even to wait for the new mp2

Status
    Not open for further replies.