Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Team Maya,

Fantastic work!!! Maya is, for me, the ultimate skin. :D

I do have one very minor issue to report which I haven't seen mentioned (sorry if I missed it). I'm also unsure how it can be skin related but it sure seems to be (guess I need to start looking at code :)).

It seems that when using the Maya skin to browse "pictures" a folder.jpg doesn't get generated for the folder thumbnail. If I exit MP, change to the Default skin, re-launch and then go to pictures, the folder.jpg is generated within a few seconds??? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it does to you :confused:. Any picture folders with existing folder.jpg's (generated at an earlier date) display their thumbnails correctly.

This is using MP1.2 Beta and also tested on SVN 27851.

Again, thanks for the great work and sorry to bug you with such a trivial matter.

All the best,

Wo0zy

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Hi

Like the look of the fine Maya Skin.

Have tried to use the version which is pointed to in the MP extension installer after installation of MP 1.1.3 (this is Maya version 1.0.0.604). On my setup this causes all manner of lockups. Should this version work OK or do I need a newer version?

When I use the MPE app to update the installation it downloads a 70MB file and then announces that there is invalid update information and aborts update.

I'm in MP version hell.

Kev

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya Bug Reports & issues

Hi

Like the look of the fine Maya Skin.

Have tried to use the version which is pointed to in the MP extension installer after installation of MP 1.1.3 (this is Maya version 1.0.0.604). On my setup this causes all manner of lockups. Should this version work OK or do I need a newer version?

When I use the MPE app to update the installation it downloads a 70MB file and then announces that there is invalid update information and aborts update.

I'm in MP version hell.

Kev

Hi,

version 1.0.0.604 is for MP 1.1.x. There was an issue in the mpe update file (wrong version number).
    I`ve fixed this.
    Install over the extension installer should work now.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Team Maya,

I do have one very minor issue to report which I haven't seen mentioned (sorry if I missed it). I'm also unsure how it can be skin related but it sure seems to be (guess I need to start looking at code :)).

It seems that when using the Maya skin to browse "pictures" a folder.jpg doesn't get generated for the folder thumbnail. If I exit MP, change to the Default skin, re-launch and then go to pictures, the folder.jpg is generated within a few seconds??? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it does to you :confused:. Any picture folders with existing folder.jpg's (generated at an earlier date) display their thumbnails correctly.

Again, thanks for the great work and sorry to bug you with such a trivial matter.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Just confirmed this on a third PC. Is there anything the team would like me to check? Maybe I've missed a setting?

To reproduce simply delete the folder.jpg from an existing sub-folder within your monitored pictures folder and launch MP 1.2 beta with the Maya skin. Navigate to pictures and you'll see that your test folder no longer has a thumbnail. Enter the folder and all pictures within will have thumbnails. Go back up a level and you'll see that there's still no folder thumbnail. Wait a bit...... Still no thumbnail. Go back to the main menu, re-enter pictures....Still no thumbnail.

Next, exit MP and change the skin to Default Wide in MP configuration. Re-launch MP. Navigate to pictures and you'll see that there's still no thumbnail. Either enter the folder and then go back up to the root (or go back to the main menu and re-enter pictures) and the folder thumbnail will be present.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Wo0zy

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Still have a real problem with Maya

My MP1.1.3 runs with the standard skin set (blue3).

When I set my skin to Maya and start MP it locks up at starting plugins stage. I look in the error file and there is a device lost error - where the device is graphics card with a D3D error (lost rectangle or something similar).

I asked the MP1.1.3 to remove the 1.00.604 installation in case it was broken and reinstalled it last night using the MP extension installer app. The MP installer app presented me with the option of my previously tried 1.0.0.604 skin or a presumably later 1.1.745 skin. I chose the latter - but it installed the 604 skin - confusingly.

Anyway. I still get this wierd lost device error lockup thing - but only when maya is enabled. The standard Blue3 skin does not seem to do this - though Ive only run MP for a few mins with blue skin running.

I have scanned my films and TV series using the Maya installed moving pictures and TV series plugins and they seem happy. Have I missed a key step?

I can attach log files or other data when I get home from work if they are needed.

Shame is I had MP 1.0RC6 running nicely using the fine monochrome skin. Then made the mistake of updating and it has not worked since and of course many skins and stuff haven't been updated to work with MP1.1.3.

Moral - if it works - never upgrade.

K

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    G'Day

I have been using the Maya skin for awhile and I love it. Since the release of the new version of 4tr though I thought I might give this a try.

I dont think this is really a bug at all but after installing 4TR I notice the TV Guide reverts back to only having 7 Rows. I just wanted to ask if this was normal behaviour with Maya and 4TR? Or can the TV Guide have 10 rows with 4TR installed also?

I am using mediaportal 1.2 beta, the latest version of Maya and 4TR1.6.0.0.

I have done little to no testing on this myself so I guess im just after confirmation of whether I can get the 10 row guide with 4TR and if I can, perhaps a few tips on what I can do next?

Cheers

Leipziguser

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2008
    Leipzig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya Bug Reports & issues

Plugin "Browse the Web"
    I use MPO 1.1.3 with Maya 1.1.0.745.
    The Problem is the "wrong focus". If something is playing out (Music,TV and so on) , i cant scroll down the Weppages in the Plugin "Browse the Web". The Space Button should be load the Home Website but the button stops the Playout. I think the Instructions of the remote and the keyboard dont navigate the plugin but the Playout. If the Playout is stopped, the plugin works correct.
    Have someone the same problem or ist that only a fault of my system? Sorry for my bad english.....

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Team Maya,

All the best,

Wo0zy

Just confirmed this on a third PC. Is there anything the team would like me to check? Maybe I've missed a setting?

To reproduce simply delete the folder.jpg from an existing sub-folder within your monitored pictures folder and launch MP 1.2 beta with the Maya skin. Navigate to pictures and you'll see that your test folder no longer has a thumbnail. Enter the folder and all pictures within will have thumbnails. Go back up a level and you'll see that there's still no folder thumbnail. Wait a bit...... Still no thumbnail. Go back to the main menu, re-enter pictures....Still no thumbnail.

Next, exit MP and change the skin to Default Wide in MP configuration. Re-launch MP. Navigate to pictures and you'll see that there's still no thumbnail. Either enter the folder and then go back up to the root (or go back to the main menu and re-enter pictures) and the folder thumbnail will be present.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Totally ignored :(

Has anyone checked my report ? I know it's odd but it is real.

Not to worry guys. Guess there's more important bugs.;)

All the best and good luck with Avalon.

Wo0zy

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I just went from 1.1.3 -> 1.2 beta -> installed all 1.2 plugins & Maya 1.1 -> 1.2 RC this afternoon

Now only my TV Series / Movies recently added media displays correctly

TV Recordings, Music & Pictures all display similar to the attached pic.

Thanx

Attachments

• 23-29-31.png
      23-29-31.png
      865 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom