what code you use for the fanart : <colordiffuse> ???</colordiffuse>

or you use some other code ?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I really like what I am seeing in this thread - including kiwijunglist suggestion.
    In general I've always loved Maya (apart from home/basichome :sorry:) - much because of its clean look, but missed "the fanart feeling".
    This is a great compromise!

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya iFX (fanart concept)

hi ncoH ! look great ...love it ....:)

what code you use for the fanart : <colordiffuse> ???</colordiffuse>

or you use some other code ?

thanks! We`re using a different background as fanart overlay.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya iFX (fanart concept)

I like the fanart version. Also I can say directly that other skins are somtimes better justified for fanart (streamedmp for example). Maya menus, infos are mostly in middle of screen and cover much of a wallpaper or the main part of the wallpaper. Without fanart this is pretty good, because you have the main information in middle of screen.

So maybe the "fanart version" needs more changes besides a wallpaper in the background. New aligments of the menus to the corners or something like that.

For example I really like the layout of streamedmp MyTVSeries. The menu is on the bottom and top. The middle part is completly free. So you can show the wallpaper with full color and no transperancy.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got to say, that I really like that way of integrating fanart - and that despite I think that most skins using fanart are not usable by masses and belong on a geeks system.
    Maya is very very professional and clean and that it what I like about it. But the way you are planning on integating those fanart is just in the whole concept. The position of the menu and so, that is a part of fine tuning.

Do there have to be 2 mayas? Is it not possible to configure that through the installer?

And the last: kiwijunglist is right - there needs to be at least a fading to black for not selected thumbnails.

EDIT: It would be great if there will be a fanart variante for the showtimes plugin, too.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    GeYe - Personally disagree with you on changing the layout towards the edges. I think it's best to have it central. Also I imagine the authors of this concept don't want to change the layout on every screen, the amount of work that requires might be similar to building a new skin from scratch. Will have to wait and see what they do... I really like maya as it looks more professional than streamedmp, however i prefer fanart based skins. When MP 1.1 Final comes out I will try Maya, StreamedMP, Fidelity and this one (if available).

J

joostzilla

@GeYe - Personally disagree with you on changing the layout towards the edges. I think it's best to have it central. Also I imagine the authors of this concept don't want to change the layout on every screen, the amount of work that requires might be similar to building a new skin from scratch. Will have to wait and see what they do... I really like maya as it looks more professional than streamedmp, however i prefer fanart based skins. When MP 1.1 Final comes out I will try Maya, StreamedMP, Fidelity and this one (if available).

We believe that fanart should be less important than the usability of a skin. With Maya we've tried to make a great skin with above average usability. (we are also aware that it can always be better. If we had more time and a lot more team members perhaps we could design and develop the ultimate skin for MP1). Our version of Maya with fanart is in our opinion one of the best ways of adding fanart eyecandy to the skin. Faded where neccesary, fullscreen and fullcolor when possible.

Thanks for using or trying Maya!

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Maya iFX (fanart concept)

have to agree with kiwijunglist, the currently selected item is not really focused. reminds me a bit of blue3 where i always have to look for the missing movie title below the selected movie to figure out where i am now^^

i personally like the second mockup with the blueish glowing border a lot!

think about this addition...

Have you considered something to make the currently selected item pop more?
    eg. darken non-selected thumb nails, or halo around selected item
    I think that with the current concept, it is hard to tell where you are in the thumbnail wall.
    I know you have an inner halo, but i think outer halo makes it easier at a glance to know where you are in the thumbnail wall.

example.jpg
    or
    example2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom