mc2xml donation version (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just downloaded the zip/tvguide.xml. with MP1 v1.12 started with xmltv > mapping, selected "Favorites group" then "load/refresh", was able to map 2 GuideChannels to 2 TuningChannels, pressed "save". Looks like the tvguide.xml has about 100 channels in drop down list.

went to manual control, pressed "refresh dvb epg" to erase my full EPG data, EPG shows "No Data", went back to xmltv pressed "import" and after a minute or so EPG showed the new data from the tvgudie.xml file for USA and FOODHD, the channels I mapped

ADDED COMMENT, so it looks like update MP1 v1.12 works with newest mc2xml/donator, don't have a MP1v1.8 setup to see what is causing problems with that version

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, there's nothing wrong with XMLTV file... and the XMLTV plugin hasn't changed since before MP 1.8. Cruzer should be able to load it if the plugin is configured properly.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Are you sure you're loading the right file?
    Log says you're loading one of 2 files:
    [2015-07-31 14:22:30,606] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv loading C:\mc2xml\tvguide.xml
    [2015-07-31 14:22:54,561] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv loading C:\mc2xml-old\tvguide.xml

There are no errors in the log...

That is correct. The "old" version is the non-donating version that uses Microsoft legacy (zap2it?) as opposed to the new version that uses Rovi for the data. I tried loading the "new" data and was not able to map any channels due to the drop down list being empty. So I then pointed to the "old" data and the drop down list was fully populated (but all the data was old). So there is definitely something different in the two tvguide.xml files. I really would rather not update since things are working just as I like and I have to mess with it every time I update. But no EPG is a real bummer.

And thanks for everything.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Cruzer
    I happen to have TV Server 1.7.1 running here.
    I downloaded your tvguide.xml file and extracted it to my desktop.
    I placed a copy of xmltv.dtd on the desktop.
    I opened TV Server Configuration and navigated to the XMLTV plugin config.
    I set the general tab settings as shown below.
    I clicked import and waited until configuration un-freezed.
    This is what I see:
    upload_2015-8-3_3-12-17.png

I go to the mappings tab, selected the "all channels" group, and clicked "load/refresh".
    This is what I see:
    upload_2015-8-3_3-11-50.png

In short, I think you must be doing something wrong, because there's nothing wrong with TV Server.

I tried loading the "new" data and was not able to map any channels.
    As above. I have no problem doing this with an older version of TV Server than you're using. RonD has no problem doing it with a newer version of TV Server than you're using. There were no changes in the XMLTV plugin between the 2 versions that Ron and I have tested with. Therefore, if you have configured everything correctly (tvguide.xml in configured folder) and followed the correct process (xmltv.dtd etc.) then there seems to be no reason why it shouldn't work.

I really would rather not update since things are working just as I like and I have to mess with it every time I update. But no EPG is a real bummer.
    No reason to update. Check your process.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    You must be right. I don't know what I did different this time, but things worked exactly as you said. Thanks so much for the help!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    As of 8/10/15 I'm getting a parsing error.

OK... I too was using 1.3 on Microsoft Legacy, then MS changed up, and there was no more "free" program data. On 7/25/15 I found upgrading to the premium mc2xml.exe (1.4) to access the Microsoft (not Microsoft Legacy) program site and remapping my channels in the XMLTV plugin solved things! Excellent... works fine!

Two weeks pass and I find (local) popups indicating I have file processing errors... I realize that after 8/10/15 the file I'm receiving via mc2xml.exe is no longer parsable via the XMLTV plug-in -- it is throwing errors!

See attached files:
    The TVGuide.xml files identified with "not working" and "not working2" are two examples that don't work because of the parsing error.
    The TVGuide.xml file 4/28/2012 is an old one that still works
    The TVGuideold.xml is the last file pulled via mc2xml that is successfully read/parsed by XMLTV Plug-In

I suspect this is a new issue with how mc2xml.exe (1.4) is creating the file but can't say for sure. I'll be sending a link to this post to them as well.

Thoughts? Suggestions?? Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• MC2XMLparse.zip
      1.6 MB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    try getting the most up to date mc2xml donator version, there is a fix for a problem with they way "<icon" info is put in the tvguide.xml file. See "2015-08-11:" update/comments at http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

If the newest "today" version still has a problem, upload your newest/today tvguide.xml file and I can take a look

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    THANKS! I hadn't seen the 8/11/15 update notice. Seems the author of mc2xml is on top of it! I just sent the issue via email to him and according to the website he'll reply with that fix.

BTW, I included files in the OP.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    FIXED! As a donator to mc2xml the guy had an updated version he sent and now all is well again!

crawlers

September 10, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hello im just wondering if my version which is a donation version may need updated its version 1.3.0.0 from august 12th in fact i have 2 1 for the windows 7 and 1 for linux but when it comes to populating no epg for the uk channels comes through, or mabe ms have changed the channel ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom