mc2xml - what are your usage tips & tricks .. (1 Viewer)

incogito

Portal Member
April 17, 2009
Home Country
France France
Explanation about mc2xml

Installed in "C:\Program Files\mc2xml"
Create a batch command mc2xml.cmd
c:
cd \Progra~1\mc2xml
del mc2xml.dat
del tvguide*.*
mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -a -A -D freebox.dat -o tvguide_tmp.xml
mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -a -A -D tnt.dat -I tvguide_tmp.xml -o tvguide.xml
copy /Y tvguide.xml C:\Progra~1\Forthe~1\Services\XMLTV
copy /Y tvguide.xml C:\Progra~1\XMLTV
Why?
-c fr = france
-g 1000 = Postalcode (not specific)
-a append " *" to new programs
-A append " *" to live programs
-D <filename> set dat filename (default = "mc2xml.dat") here 2 different ones
-o <filename> set output file (default = "xmltv.xml")
-I <xmltv file> include <xmltv file> in output

How to get "mc2xml.dat" information
delete "mc2xml.dat" if exist or it launch without interactive process and use dat config
When launching "mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000" - you get
  1. 1st popup window to confirm (Service, Options, P/Z code & Country Code)
  2. 2nd popup window "Lineup Selection" with a list of (for me 20 lineup) You must choose ONE and only one
  3. and it create a "mc2xml.dat" withe the referencing parameter for this choice
Ex: if i choose "Atlantic Bird 3 (AB3)" lineup = I get in the "mc2xml.dat" : 2 lines
Atlantic Bird 3 (AB3)
Gv4u2nAoGKbAbw75LWSyp6/ZK+0nQIzis6xkoUURTt+AN5pGodHh6ztqvHtdNQDY

Now, i can rename "mc2xml.dat" in "AB3.dat" and use it later like in :
"mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -a -A -D ab3.dat -o tvguide_ab3.xml"

If i want more than one Lineup OR channel coming from multiple lineups
Sol1 - Concatenate successive mc2xml.exe 2 lineups "9 Freebox V (CAB) + 16 TNT (TER)"

1. i proceed twice to obtain the "mc2xml.dat" that i rename as freebox.dat and "tnt.dat"
  2. in ".cmd" mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -a -A -L -D freebox.dat -o tvguide_tmp.xml = Obtain Guide data for the Freebox lineup & save in tvguide_tmp.xml
  3. in ".cmd" mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -a -A -L -D tnt.dat -I tvguide_tmp.xml -o tvguide.xml = Obtain Guide data for the Tnt lineup & include the tvguide_tmp.xml & save the all in tvguide.xml

.. so on . you can combine multiple lineups .. lineup are interesting because it's a simple file download (very speed) because those lineups are produced and stored oon the mc2xml microsoft servers

Sol2 - use a list of channel you want and put them in
If you only want to include certain channels in your xml file you can create a "mc2xml.chl" text file (in the same directory as mc2xml.dat) listing the channel numbers, channel number ranges, channel names, or channel ids on separate lines: Example
"mc2xml.chl "
9-15
17-21.2
HBO
BBC2 London
I20.515292.microsoft.com
I51.5.34392.tmsdatadirect.com
I54.3.3945.titantv.com

You can choose for the ".chl" name
  • "mc2xml.chl" by default
  • use (-C <filename>) to set channel specific file (The default = "mc2xml.chl")

How to know the information needed
(1) look inside the output of "mc2xml.exe" in "tvguide.xml" - you will find something like :
tv source-info-name="BDS" generator-info-name="mc2xml" generator-info-url="mailto:mc2xml@gmail.com">
<channel id="I2.751945.microsoft.com">
<display-name>2 ARTE</display-name>
The <channel id="I2.751945.microsoft.com"> is the one to put inside your "mc2xml.chl"

(2) With For The Record " Management Console / Administration / Guide Channel "
- "External ID" = <channel id="I2.751945.microsoft.com">
- "Guide channel Name" = <display-name>2 ARTE</display-name>

Extract from Database to produce a 'tvguide.chl'
Is it possible to make a Sql Request on the Database and produce "*.ren" & "*.chl"
Copy them to the "..\mc2xml" Directory and use it like that
"mc2xml.exe -c fr -g 10000 -C tvguide.chl -o tvguide.xml"

Renaming Channel Name in mc2xml
If you want to rename channels by numbers or names you can create a "mc2xml.ren" text file (in the same directory as mc2xml.dat) listing the colon separated from:to channel numbers or names on separate lines: the "from" can also be a channel id, to distinguish duplicate channel numbers or names)
mc2xml.ren
605:2
BBC1:BBC News
I20.515292.microsoft.com:55
You can also produce a Sql request to produce "tvguide.ren"
I'll come back to specify the sql request later ..

that's all folks ..

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this helped me a little but I still can't get it to load up

Is it at least pulling the data?
Where is it failing?

Works fine for me.
I have it going with Schedules Direct for the EPG data.
Then use XMLTV plugin to map the channels to the guide data.

Shadowmeph

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am a noobie so forgive me is if seems like a stupid question but what do you mean by pulling the data.
I originaly was trying the xmltv plugin but when I went into the tv servers mapping I couldn't get the guide to work which left all the channels in red. but using your guide here I was able to pull up the guide for all the channels that I selected , I just am not sure how to get the information to show up in mp. when I go back to the settings ( inside the tv servers xmltv and try to import I notice an error at the bottoms saying "tvguidexml:invalid XML file unexpected end of the file..." I cannot see the rest of the file.
here is my tv server error log.
Code:
      2009-09-01 18:17:18.952500 [12]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
      2009-09-01 18:17:19.161500 [12]: Controller: Error on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles
      2009-09-01 18:37:10.422500 [SetupTv]: XML tv import error loading C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: channel, tv. Line 192, position 1.
          at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String arg)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
         at System.Xml.XmlSubtreeReader.Read()
         at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean showProgress)
      2009-09-01 18:37:32.894500 [5]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst] doesn't have read access : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'.
      2009-09-01 18:37:39.231500 [SetupTv]: XML tv import error loading C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: channel, tv. Line 192, position 1.
      2009-09-01 18:38:32.906500 [4]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst] doesn't have read access : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'.
      2009-09-01 18:39:32.913500 [4]: plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst] doesn't have read access : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.lst'.
      2009-09-01 18:40:33.310500 [XmlTvImporter]: XML tv import error loading C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: channel, tv. Line 192, position 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom