mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (4 Viewers)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    updated skin for .2 RC4...link here:
    ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720/mce1280x720rc4.zip

some of the things that were changed/added:
    updated tv settings
    added plugins from plugins request page
    added miniEPG
    other fixes requested in the thread since last release (minus the teletext navigation problem).
    for now some OSDs have been changed not to fly in from top/side/bottom. Seems that the backgrounds don't fly in all the way and everything is out of whack.

ezekuel

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Oslo
    Hi.
    There is a problem in My Music with this skin (and BlueTwo reskinned for 1280x720).
    When I play an album and press forward on the remote or in the OSD I can only skip one song. After this I can`t skip forward or backwords. I have to choose the song in the list and press "ok" to play that song.
    This works in the Razor skin, so it`s not a MP bug.

Also, I use Pvr Scheduler, and in this skin (an BlueTwo 1280x720) I can only choose "Sort" and "New". The options below this is unreachable for me.

By the way.... I love both of these skins. Keep up the good work!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was thinking if maybe the widescreen skins that have the same name as the 4:3 skins, should be renamed to "<skin> WS" just to avoid confusion?

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Also, I use Pvr Scheduler, and in this skin (an BlueTwo 1280x720) I can only choose "Sort" and "New". The options below this is unreachable for me
    If the buttons are there but unreachable, that isn't too hard a fix, one i can do without installing pvr scheduler. I'll try to get this fixed over the weekend.
    When I play an album and press forward on the remote or in the OSD I can only skip one song. After this I can`t skip forward or backwords. I have to choose the song in the list and press "ok" to play that song.
    This is going to take a little more looking into, hopefully i can duplicate the problem with a keyboard so i can fix it. I do have a remote and girder on my htpc, i've just never gotten around to setting it up properly since i prefer to use a keyboard and mouse in mp.
    I was thinking if maybe the widescreen skins that have the same name as the 4:3 skins, should be renamed to "<skin> WS" just to avoid confusion?
    I think the 1280x720 makes it pretty clear there is a difference...that being said i would love to think of something shorter. The problem with just WS for widescreen is that there are so many widescreen resolutions: 1280x720, 1366x768, 1920x1080, etc. The skin doesn't seem to look as good in those other resolutions, so i want stay away from a blanket widescreen or 16x9 label.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Actually, it is a mediaportal bug. I tried it in regular blue two and got the same problem. So i went to the razor skin...and noticed that the skin didn't have the three extra navigation buttons on the left in the mymusic page. So i had to rightclick the song to get a popup menu to get to the nowplaying screen. And like you said, it works.

So i went back to mce1280x720 and right clicked the song to get to nowplaying...and the buttotns work properly. So its has something to do with how the now playing button in the mymusic screen works, unfortunatly out of the skinner's hands. Strangely enough, if i right clicked the song the first time to get to the now playing screen, i could use the now playing button in mymusic after that and the buttons would work properly.

I've also taken a stab at the pvr scheduler problem and will post that along with reskins for the mesfilms(my films) and clickmania plugins sometime on friday.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've got no music playlist with this skin since RC4. I can enter the playlist screen and I get the left hand side buttons, but the playlist shows as empty. The songs still play in the order selected though, so the playlist works. I tried the svn from 21/5 and still didn't get a playlist. I thought there was something wrong with my music database, but yesterday I tried BlueTwo (standard, not 1280x768) on the svn and the playlist shows fine.

Uli321

Portal Member
    March 6, 2006
    Same for me, when I move an album to the playlist via 'y', playlist is still empty... Not sure, whether it works with other skins or not..

Uli

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    There is a problem with the playlist. In rc4 they added a new way to display a playlist, which i did not catch prior to now. I've changed the xml code and it is now working, but i still have to edit some of the graphic files. I will upload a new zip file over the weekend, but if somebody wants me to upload the corrected xml before that i will.

EDIT: I've corrected some of the graphics, enough to get by until i get all the files properly resized.
    ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720
    It's probably best to delete any previous version of the skin instead of copying the new version over existing files. There are a few other small fixes and a reskin of mesfilms included in the zip file.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Boilermaker said:
    There is a problem with the playlist. In rc4 they added a new way to display a playlist...

Boilermaker - Is there a write-up (or posting) regarding this new playlist display?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom