mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    DVR-Cut has been fixed, or at least it works the same way it does in regular blue two. When the screen is loaded the video will start playing as it should. What does not work in either skin is editing after the video stops playing...its like mp loses track of what file it is working with. Even the title label in the top left disappears. In addition to making the screen behave the same, i've made the buttons easier to see by adding a background and also rearrainged some of the labels for the times a little better.

Taipan,
    eventually, i really barely have the time right now to update one skin. I had to put aside the skin documentation i was working on and post what i've done so far in the developer forum and hope somebody would pick up where i'd left off for a bit. I thought i could at least get started today on it, and i may still...but editing the dvr-cut took longer than i thought. The original skinner does a nice job of using the description tag...unfortunately i think its in german, so it didn't do me any good. Lots of trial and error.

I will update the both skin files this weekend...mce with this fix and bluetwo1280x720 with whatever i can get done. That will be listed in the thread for that skin.

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Boilermaker said:
    I will update the both skin files this weekend...mce with this fix and bluetwo1280x720 with whatever i can get done. That will be listed in the thread for that skin.

Could you also update the MesFilmsDetails.xml as you are missing the update button.
    Code:
             <control>
                <type>button</type>
                <description>Update</description>
                <id>107</id>
                <onleft>102</onleft>
                <onright>102</onright>
                <ondown>103</ondown>
                <label>79861</label>
             </control>
    which below the play and back buttons.

MC

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    On mesfilms (my films), I think i posted it earlier in this thread, maybe it was another thread...i originally left the update button out because (on my htpc anyway) it was blank and opened up a dialog box that didn't do much. I've included the button in this release. It's still blank and doesn't do much for me, but its probably there for a reason. I also moved the poster over and made it slightly bigger, but not as big as it is in the original plugin. The space in the lower left hand corner is reserved for audio and video overlays.

Also in this release:
    Added/finished the tvguide overlay when watching full screen tv (i liked the miniepg better, but that seems to be gone. if somebody knows otherwise, pm me.)
    updated myburner
    updated mystocks
    added skin files for Sudoku
    cleaned up dvr-mpeg cut
    added my torrents
    added mypodcasts
    added my DVDs
    I've probably done more, but i lost track.
    Most of these plugins are not included with mp, but can be found in the download section of the team-mediaportal website.

I have not had time to extensively test everything. On my htpc, using the 6/24 svn, all the screens load and the basic functions seem to work. If there are bugs, please post them and i will get to them when i can. I won't post a new version after every fix unless its a major bug. I'll try to update the skin files about once a month.

kingkabra

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Support for MyLyrics and MyStocks

Hi,

I was wondering if you have on the todo list an update to support My Lyrics and My Stocks. Or if you can post how to fix it. Right now, these two show in 4:3.

Thanks,

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    my stocks should be updated, it should work with the version available from the download section on the team-mediaportal website. If its not working for you, could you describe the problem or post a screenshot?

I'll try to add xml files pages for My Lyric - version 0.03a before i take off for the holiday weekend. If not by then, then probably the weekend after.

kingkabra

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Here is a screen capture

The problem happens with both My Stocks and My Lyrics.
    Notice that it does not fill the entire screen 16:9.

Capture.jpg

http://www.rioscentral.com/temp/Capture.jpg

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    kingkabra,
    You have me completely confused. as of right now i have never done a reskin for my lyrics for this skin, there is no reason for it to fill a 16x9 screen. Actually you should get a message that says missing or invalid myLyrics.xml file. If you are just copying what the plugin author is providing into this skin, it will only show 4x3. If you did the same thing with mystocks, then you over wrote what i have done and it will show only in 4x3.

Unfortunatly the picture you link with the post is not showing up, so i don't have any other suggestions to offer at this time.

I have started to reskin mylyrics, it is not a very big xml file. However i have to set up the plugin, which in this case means setting up xml files with song lyrics or an account with a yahoo service. I'm more than happy to reskin plugins for the skins i maintain. In the future i only ask if you request a plugin that relies on an xml file to feed it information, that you provide me an xml file or a link to a sample xml file.. This will greatly cut down on my time, i can skin instead of setting up a plugin (that i probably will never use), and it will also greatly increase the likelyhood that it will work the first time out.
    Thanks.

I will upload a copy of the reskinned my Lyrics page this afternoon and provide a link.

One more note on mesfilms (my Films). The version i skinned for is 2.2.2. If you download v 2.2.3b you will notice there are some bugs even with the default blue two. I spent a few hours last night working with it the best i could, but its still pretty buggy skin-wise. I'm not sure whether i'm going to post what i have done, it will only lead to threads about the skin not working. It looks like the authors of mes films are working hard on some new features, but don't have them all worked out yet. For that reason, i don't plan on supporting v 2.2.3b in this skin.

EDIT: I've uploaded files for myLyrics, but it has not been tested extensively. I've also noticed there is now mesfilms v2.2.3C. I uploaded what i did for 2.2.3b, but use at your own risk; consider the skin file unsupported.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    the link you added returns a 403 forbidden error.

Please read my above post carefully. You could not have gotten any screen for my Lyrics because one did not exist for this skin at the time you posted. I have added it to the archive, please go to the first post of this thread and download the zip file in the link. When installing plugins, do not overwrite the mce1280x720 skin files with xml files contained in the plugin download. Doing that will cause what you have described above.

The link below is a picture of what mystocks should look like in this skin:
    ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720/screenshot/stocks.gif

kingkabra

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    It's ok now.

I downloaded your latest release and it is ok now. I think I got the previous release from a different URL. My Lyrics and My Music is ok. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom