mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

isotoper

Portal Member
July 18, 2007
I found a bug

Hello
When reaching music folder with Hebrew letters, the letters are OK, but if i listening to the song and return to the folder the hebrew letters are gone and instead i see gibberish.

Is it a bug or that i'm doing something wrong ?

:D

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've never tested the skin with Hebrew characters...i'll take a look and see if i can duplicate then correct the problem.

isotoper

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Thanks . Waiting for results.

By the way, in the 'skin description' picture, there is a big "start" word in the left side of the screen, near the menu,
    but when actually running the program, there is nothing near the menu . Is it happens only to me ? or it should be like that ?

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    By the way, in the 'skin description' picture, there is a big "start" word in the left side of the screen, near the menu,
    but when actually running the program, there is nothing near the menu . Is it happens only to me ? or it should be like that ?
    Its all related to language. The original mce skin used an image to display the word start. I replaced it with text (so it would change with the language selected). The Hebrew word for start may be too long to fit in the alloted space, or i may have changed the fonts.xml file in a way that doesn't allow it to display properly.

Back to the original problem. When i switch the language to Hebrew, i can't even get MP to start. I still have a few things i can try, but can you post the variation of the skin you are using (mceafo or regular), version of mp the name of the skin file you downloaded (so i know what version of the skin you are using).

Thanks

isotoper

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Its all related to language. The original mce skin used an image to display the word start. I replaced it with text (so it would change with the language selected). The Hebrew word for start may be too long to fit in the alloted space, or i may have changed the fonts.xml file in a way that doesn't allow it to display properly.

Back to the original problem. When i switch the language to Hebrew, i can't even get MP to start. I still have a few things i can try, but can you post the variation of the skin you are using (mceafo or regular), version of mp the name of the skin file you downloaded (so i know what version of the skin you are using).

Thanks

Hi,
    I'm using MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC2 release.
    I tested the issue with the original MP skin and the problem of gibberish exist also.
    So its probably a Media Portal Core problem.
    I posted a new thread about it in the "bugs" forum, but no answers till now.

Thanks.

blackheart42

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    RC2 problems

TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    HDD: Seagate ST3200822AS 200GB SATA
    Memory: 512MB DDR 3200 Dual Channel
    Motherboard: MSI MS-7191
    Motherboard Chipset: ATI RS482/SB450
    Motherboard Bios: AMI V1.1
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.6218
    Sound Card: On Motherboard
    Sound Card AC3: coax out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5172
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-250
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.30.23074
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
    2. TV Card Type: analog
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Version ?
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Version ?
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: NMedia 280BA
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Silverstone ATX-1136G 360W
    Remote: none
    TV: Hitachi 51F500
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi Boilermaker,

I just upgraded to RC2 and I'm having a few problems with your MCE wide skin. This was a clean install of RC2. I downloaded your RC1 update and the mytvsearch.xml update and installed them. You may remember that in the past we've discussed my system, specifically the large font sizes that I'm using. For the following, I reset all my fonts to standard.

My problems are as follows:

ERROR #1
    When I start MP, there's an error in the log file:

2007-09-29 00:12:11.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :confused:ystem.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILocalizeStrings.LocalizeLabel(String& strLabel)
    2007-09-29 00:12:11.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Input string was not in a correct format.
    2007-09-29 00:12:11.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void StringToNumber(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, NumberBuffer ByRef, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo, Boolean)
    2007-09-29 00:12:11.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :mscorlib
    2007-09-29 00:12:11.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILocalizeStrings.LocalizeLabel(String& strLabel)

Blue 2 wide doesn't generate any errors on startup. I don't know what the implications of this are, but I thought I should mention it.

ERROR #2
    On the main screen, the scrolling speed of the menu is insanely fast. I had the same problem with an earlier version (0.2.2?) and hacked my way around it, but there's got to be some weird difference between our systems since you're obviously happy with your scrolling speed. On my system the menu scrolls so fast that I can't see the options - they're just a blur. I've got 5 items in the list and all 5 items scroll past in about 0.1 seconds. Lots of fun when you're using a mouse! Blue 2 Wide scrolls much slower.

ERROR #3
    On my system mytvprogram.xml is still broken. It doesn't show the list of upcoming episodes so it's almost unusable for scheduling new recordings. Blue 2 Wide works fine.

ERROR #4
    Maybe I shouldn't call this one an error. You've said in the past that you often use a mouse to navigate your system. How do you navigate between screens? Almost all of topbar.xml is commented out. In the past I found that you could right click the mouse at the edge of the page to return to the previous page, but that doesn't work reliably anymore. (I realize that in a previous message you said that that wasn't a skin feature.)

It only sounds like I'm kicking MCE. It's the only skin I've found that I like the looks of. Please keep up your good work!

Thanks,
    Blackheart

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Just an update, i've been working on getting .2.3.0 stable on my box with the default skin. When everything up and running, i'll start updating the mce skins.

Thank you for your patience.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    After a few days of tinkering, i've finally got guide data, so at least now i can use MP again. Problem is that TV is very sluggish for me no matter which skin. I'll be surfing the forum for the next few days to see what's posted on the subject. If anybody is using the mce1280x720 skin right now, please let me know what problems you are having. I can't be sure right now what problems are skin based or just due to my overall setup.

Don't forget the 4:3 version
    isotoper, I don't maintain the 4:3 version...i'm not sure if anybody does at this point. I really barely have time to even keep up with one skin...and as you can see by how often i post, probably not even enough time. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom