mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

blackheart42

Portal Pro
October 13, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just an update, i've been working on getting .2.3.0 stable on my box with the default skin. When everything up and running, i'll start updating the mce skins.

Thank you for your patience.

Welcome back!

I was afraid that I'd driven you away with my silly problems. Since I left my trouble report I've rebuilt my system from scratch and, well, all the problems are still there. :sorry: I'm sure you didn't want to hear that.

If you're trying to get RC3 stable on your system, I hope you have better luck than I am. I've had to disable automatic EPG updates because they threatened to crash the PC.

Why me?? What did I do to deserve all this grief?? I've been a good boy! :)

Blackheart

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Nah, just been crazy around here. most of my instability problems have also been because of the program guide. I think i've fixed enough of my gremlins to use mp, and more importantly to skin. Anyway, first things first, a fix for mytvprogram....i've actually had it done for a while, it just got lost in all the revisions and versions of the skin. Download the xml file and replace it in your current skin. I know the question will come up as to why the mytvprogram fix isn't the xml file for the screen...this is one of the template files embedded in mytvprogram.xml, a scrolling label was coded as a regular label and messing everything up.

Also in an effort to make it easier to keep up with things, i'm going to drop the two versions of the skin and have just one. The single version will basically be the same as the regular mce1280x720 skin, with a few of the things i liked about the mceafo version (which i used all the time) worked into it. Screen shot below.

Besides the bug fixes, I'm also going to add a visual effect here and there, but nothing over the top because i still believe the strength of the skin is its simplicity and use of space. I'll post a beta version for download soon, hopefully by friday evening since my weekend is already booked. When everything is basically up and running, i'll add some of the same options as before: the ability to choose the number of lines in the tvguide, whether you want icons displayed in lists or not and then start skinning some of the more popular working plugins.

Attachments

• new.gif
      new.gif
      76.6 KB
    • new2.gif
      new2.gif
      72.6 KB

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Bump for updated version for .2.3.0 rc3 (see first post in thread for download). There is only one version of the skin now, using some of the features of the now dead mceafo version.

Changes:
    • New placement of larger preview window and more media information displayed
    • Moved time and date to lower right corner of screen
    • No longer supports weather overlay (not supported by MP .2.3.0)

Fixes since last release:
    • mytvprogram will now display lists
    • Slower scrolling in the home page
    • Turning on timeshifting will no longer cause conflicting/overlapping information for currently playing media

Known bugs (on my system at least):
    • playing a song after turning timeshifting on and off will cause a large preview window to open in the middle of the screen

To Do:
    • A few graphical updates
    • add a top bar
    • make OSD menus larger to fit some of the longer messages
    • Update the OSDs for tv, video, etc
    • skin common plugins
    • Create an installer file with user config options

If there is a plugin you would like skinned, please let me know. As always if you come across a bug, please post it in this thread

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

couple of minor bugs so far. When first going to the home screen the task image isn't shown for the current menu item! It appears if you scroll down the task list but then disappears again when you return to home screen from another ie my tv back to home. Also I notice you said you slowed the scrolling, it seems too slow to me now. Lastly the tv description on the my tv home page overlaps the time line just below the large tv preview window. Still great work though! Thanks :)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Also I notice you said you slowed the scrolling, it seems too slow to me now.
    I'll keep tinkering with it, incrementally speeding things up. The one thing i did notice is that no matter what speed i set it to, when using the mouse it is not difficult to get the list spinning out of control. Using the mouse might be as big a part of the problem as my previous scroll setting were.

Lastly the tv description on the my tv home page overlaps the time line just below the large tv preview window.
    I could not duplicate this...see the screen shot below. I went to a program that had a long description, one long enough that it scrolls. I couldn't get it to overlap anything. Could you post a screen shot, that would help me a lot.

When first going to the home screen the task image isn't shown for the current menu item! It appears if you scroll down the task list but then disappears again when you return to home screen from another ie my tv back to home.
    On my setup, the icon won't appear just for the first menu item, but once the scroll starts it will display (for the ones i have icons for, there are some plugins that i do not). I'll have to compare the code to the default skin's code, i suspect MP is sensitive to grouping of controls and transitions. I've grouped controls by similar transition but the default skin will put the code for the same transition in every single control.

Attachments

• mytvhome.gif
      mytvhome.gif
      63.6 KB

blackheart42

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also I notice you said you slowed the scrolling, it seems too slow to me now.
    I'll keep tinkering with it, incrementally speeding things up. The one thing i did notice is that no matter what speed i set it to, when using the mouse it is not difficult to get the list spinning out of control. Using the mouse might be as big a part of the problem as my previous scroll setting were.

I've recently set up a second system running MP. The scrolling speed on it is fine. It's only my first system that has the 'warp speed' scrolling. I just discovered that the problem only occurs if I use ONLY the mouse for navigation. If I use the arrow keys ONCE, from then on the scrolling speed is normal - maybe even too slow as Nemulate mentioned. Is there any way that the scrolling could be linked to the scrolling speed that's set in the Settings menu? Or is that the way it should be working now? Is there any way to put in a setting that's specific to the home page scrolling speed?

Lastly the tv description on the my tv home page overlaps the time line just below the large tv preview window.
    I could not duplicate this...see the screen shot below. I went to a program that had a long description, one long enough that it scrolls. I couldn't get it to overlap anything. Could you post a screen shot, that would help me a lot.

This sounds like a font size issue. If you select large system fonts to make the regular Windows screens more readable, MP scales up its fonts as well. I had a similar problem with the weather page earlier in this thread.

Blackheart

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    it was slowed way down...the next update (sometime before friday) will use the same values as bluetwo skin. That will speed it up some.

isotoper, good to see you gave the skin a try. I skin on a good ol' 4x3 crt monitor in window mode. After your last post, i tried using the skin in full screen mode. I was surprised to see that it basically looks decent scaled to 4x3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom