MCE 2005 oem remote (1 Viewer)

R

rhubarb

I too have a 2005 MCE remote and am interested in trying out MP (currently have MCE 2005 installed).

So my question: Can the blaster unit of the OEM MCE 2005 remote be used to change channels on an STB from Media Portal?
If so how is it set up?

BTW: anyone else switching from MCE to MP. If so why? And how does it compare?

L

Lost

Re: MCE 2005 Remote Success

sound.the.shofar said:
I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent documentation. I just purchased a MCE 2005 remote and following this info, the remote now works successfully.

Hey, I did the same thing. I now have the driver installed, but the remote still does not work. Do I need MCE for it to work? (I am using XP Home right now)

S

sound.the.shofar

Re: MCE 2005 Remote Success

Lost said:
sound.the.shofar said:
I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent documentation. I just purchased a MCE 2005 remote and following this info, the remote now works successfully.

Hey, I did the same thing. I now have the driver installed, but the remote still does not work. Do I need MCE for it to work? (I am using XP Home right now)

I do not have MCE, just XP Home Edition with Media Portal. I have noticed that the remote gets detected under "Microsoft Keyboard". I'm still toying with the features trying to get all of the buttons working the way I would like.
(BTW the remote I have is a Japanese MCE 2005 OEM remote which looks identical to the US remote)

Jackal

July 4, 2005
hi,

I tryed all the things discribed here But without any result. im using windows standard server 2003 with SP1 installed. Does anyone have any idea to get this combination working???

hellmelt

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Here is an "me too". The remote is just dead.

I have XP home SP2. Used the link above for irbus.inf irbus.PNF. irbus.sys missing.

Then I found Q331913 on MS. Cannot install it, of course, but using Winzip I could extract irbus.sys.

I have a brandnew remote, maybe its the 2004 vs. 2005 thing. Or is there a mismatch in the two sources of irbus.

I quite mad at this, how the f-k can MS sell a device without providing drivers for it, for the most common OSs (XP, 2k, and yes, Linux).

Please solve this someone. I need the WAF in this remote, compared to a huge keyboard in the sofa.

hellmelt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom