MCE IR Receiver for XP (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just some further info.

With the default drivers, in addition to the directional, OK and volume keys, the number keys, Clear, Enter and the power button all send. HIP does not detect an MCE device though.

With the replacement drivers, none of the keys work but HIP does detect an MCE Device.

I haven't had any better luck with ISS, LM Remote Keymap or EventGhost.

I've also tried the revised replacement drivers from here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/obsolete-mce-replacement-driver-29024/

My registry doesn't contain this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr

I tried to install this update http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F1-0AC9-433B-B488-4CAB82F31DC8&displaylang=en but it said my system was newer than the upate, but this update contains hidir.sys and irbus.sys, neither of which is present on my system. I did think of manually copying these files to system32\drivers but I'm not sure that would do much good without the modifications to the inf files that the update's supposed to do.

The only place on my Windows partition that contains MceIR.dll is the HIP folder.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had similar problem.
    With default drivers then those buttons all work within windows (arrows/volume/clear/enter/power button)
    Both IRSS and HIP wouldn't work with my remote.
    However when i enabled MCE Mappings in mediaportal config the remote started working.

I think installing those extra drivers and HIP etc may interfere with things, have you tried going back to your backup install image prior to installing all that stuff and try with the default windows eHome driver and mediaportal?

My remote only worked with LM Remote or mediaportal plugin using the default (auto install eHome driver). Note I'm using XP Pro SP3.
    After I tried HIP/IRSS/replacement drivers I had to go back to a previous image (ie reformated image) to get the remote to work properly.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I did try it in MP with the default drivers and it didn't work. However, I didn't get a default eHome driver, the device was just listed as USB composite device.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Could you check what driver files your device is using for me please (in Device Manager, double-click on the device then the Driver tab and then Driver Details)?

I don't know if there's any way of checking, but if you know or can find out which .inf file it used as well, I might be able to see if I can get my device to get detected as an eHome device.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks but what I'm actually interested in is which specific files the driver uses, which you should be able to see from Device Manager if you double-click the device > Driver > Driver Details

BogMonster

November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi doveman,

Did you manage to get your Emprex remote working in the end?

I have the same problems getting mine ( Emprex 3009URK III) working as you describe in your post......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom