Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Everyone

Have just had the misfortune to drive myself nuts with the limitations of a loaned windows MCE. reverted back to XP Home as Quick as i could unplug everything but now am the proud owner of MCE Keyboard (you know the Funky one) no problem getting remote to work with Home or extra keys on Keyboard but QWERTY will not Work. in DEVICE manager
    showing MS ehome MCIR109 Keyboard, MS ehome MCIR keyboard, MS ehome remote control keyboard keys. anyone know of any workaround just to get keyboard funtionality

Merry Xmas and Happy Newyear to all at MP

Ray 8)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi LiMiT

Unfortunately already have this installed hence all the keyboards showing up. don't know if i'm missing the bleeding obvious or what
    but have been as thorough as i can be looking on various forums
    even MS

Ray 8)

LiMiT

Portal Member
    December 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, pre-SP2 also shows them in device manager, but post-SP2 / after update, they actually are usable (i.e. you can also type with the keyboard...) ;-P

I couldn't install that rollup that 'would' enable the keyboard, because my language wasn't supported (swedish) :-(

LiMiT

Portal Member
    December 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nope, no luck here either...
    Tried the manual way with the update I linked to, but to no avail...

Guess we're out of luck, unless someone else has a solution?

sderuiter

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2005
    LiMiT said:
    I think an update is required. Some say that with Windows XP SP2 you'll have the full functionality of the keyboard. Others recommend this update if you are not on MCE : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3D-B487-42B9-85E1-C0F5EB690E49&displaylang=en

Let us know if it work things out for you.

I have the same issue. MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard (special function keys) work perfectly, however the QWERTY part doesn't work. I've installed the eHome Rollup and XP Home SP2. On the microsoft site for this keyboard it points to Intellipoint v5.3 software, which I've also downloaded. Could this be interfering?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi ALL

Back again, WindowsXP-KB888795-v3-x86-ENU.exe, and WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe both installed from what i can find you need the full MCE rollup 1 to be installed for keyboard support but the buggers at MS will let you validate and download but it will not run and install anyone with update know what file changes cause keyboard to work. PS have uninstalled logitech setpoint and shut remote driver for lifeview software in case of interference should'nt make a difference but have tried everything i can think of any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Ray 8)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi ALL

now down to plug into usb IR receiver on TWO XP home machines keyboard not automatically recognised as soon as i plug into XP PRO
    keyboard works normally even remote keys.
    DOES anyone know of a FIX for this or is it a case of upgrade. Seems STUPID that IR KEYBOARD not supported under XP HOME

Ray :cry:

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think I'm the only other one here with XP Home and the keyboard, I got it working after much frustration.

Read my last post in this thread, second from the bottom. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=66900#66900

To sum up, even though it says it has installed, it doesn't actually give you the latest drivers from the Rollup. You need to uninstall the drivers, and when you reinstall force it to use the drivers from the rollup package.

sderuiter

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2005
    Brocklander said:
    I think I'm the only other one here with XP Home and the keyboard, I got it working after much frustration.

Read my last post in this thread, second from the bottom. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=66900#66900

To sum up, even though it says it has installed, it doesn't actually give you the latest drivers from the Rollup. You need to uninstall the drivers, and when you reinstall force it to use the drivers from the rollup package.

Well, the only question that remains is WHERE is the ' ip' folder located? :) I've searched my entire computer at least 10 times now, but nowhere is a dir called 'ip' to be found.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom