MCE Keyboard "track point" conflicting with mptray (1 Viewer)

bigbud

October 5, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hi all!
I pretty much like the functionality the mptray.exe gives to the "Green Button" and it works superbly well with the MCE remote. Recently I bought the MCE remote keyboard as well and I encountered a strange misbehaviour regarding the keyboard's physical "track point" when the mptray.exe is registered. After moving the trackpoint for a short time, MediaPortal starts up, the same way as if you press the "Green Button". This behaviour is reproducible every time and it really starts to get me annoyed.
When I unregister mptray.exe and reboot, the trackpoint works fine and no unwanted MP startups occur any longer. So it must be directly affiliated with mptray.exe. Although I do not quite understand it because when moving a "normal" wired mouse, MP does not start up either.
This gets me to the conclusion that the track point is not handled as a regular pointer device, but as some sort of keyboard extension ("additional button") and therefore seems to conflict with the mptray.exe.
But again, this is all hypothetical brainstorm. As of now, I can decide between normal usage of the MCE keyboard or usage the "Green Button". As I do not want to do without either one, any help would be kindly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Cheerio,
bigbud

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi bigbud and welcome -

I'll look into this but can say that so far I haven't seen this behaviour. However I have accidentally hit the green button on the keyboard a few times while trying (in vain) to get used the pointing device.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced a similar problem to bigbud's.

*** edit ***

I've managed to do it two times in a row now so will look at fixing this, it kinda helps if you don't have MP running when you try to do this.

Cheers,
Smirnuff.

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i get exactly the same thing happening with my MCE keyboard and mptray.

I at first i thought it was my wrist bumping the green button on the keyboard but also when mptray is not running the mouse pointer actually works much better for me - smoother...

Happy to test anything to help get it solved...

jeffp

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2005
    USA
    well sensitive nipples certainly have their place just not here, LOL!

It's not annoying to the point where I don't want to use the keybaord but it can be a pain when you are trying to change settings or something. I'll keep my eye's open for a fix.

Thanks!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, looks good to me, now the mouse is much more useable. :D

One thing though, I used to use the green button used to launch MP if it wasn't running but I can't do this now, was that because I was running mphook.exe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom