[solved] MCE mapping problems mp 1.13 final (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the update to mp 1.13 I have problems with a specific mapping on both of my remotes.
    I am using harmony remotes with mce profiles. Most of the mapping I use is out of the box and that works as expected, even after the update.
    But there is one thing that does not. I mapped the back button to tune to the last viedwed channel when tv is in fullscreen.
    I put it over the "no condition" mapping of the back button but nothing happend.
    The back button always swithces to the last menu, which is what the "no condition" mapping says.
    And it does this even when I delete the "no condition" entry...

Anyone a hint for me?
    I scanned the other mp 1.13 mce problems thread but couldn't find something useful.

Cheers

Rico

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I mapped the back button to tune to the last viewed channel when tv is in fullscreen.
    Are you aware that the "0" button is defined to perform the "return to previous channel" function when viewing live TV? If you are, and you still want to use the "Back" button for this, compare your definition for the "Back" button with the default definition for "0". You are looking for those parts of "0" and "Back" that specify the "return to previous channel" function. Are they the same? If not the same, change "Back" to match "0".

If this is still not working, can you post a screen grab of the definition for "Back", with all of the entries within "Back" expanded so that we can see what they are?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all - I was not aware and guess what: it works.
    Although I'd be totally happy with this solution I wanted to figure out what the difference between these both mappings was.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any section for the numbers.
    Where can I find that?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I wanted to figure out what the difference between these two mappings was. Unfortunately I couldn't find any section for the numbers.
    You are not the only one. :( I thought that this capability was implemented as I had described above, but now that I look closely I cannot find anywhere where "0" is defined as "last viewed channel". :confused:

It is not present in the "Generic HID" or "Microsoft MCE" config file, nor is it present in "keymap.xml". So where is it? I don't know, but the evidence seems to suggest that this definition is hard coded in some MP source code, and hence not alterable at all. :eek:

Be that as it may, the following screen grab shows two alternative ways of defining the "Back" key to perform the "return to last viewed channel" function when watching live TV:

last_viewed_channel_button.jpg

The first method changes the "Back" key into character "0". The second method invokes the "Last Viewed Channel" action. Both will return to the last viewed channel, but the former also shows an OSD with the name of the programme about to be viewed, whereas the latter does not (it changes the channel without displaying the OSD). I tested this with "Microsoft MCE" on MP 1.12, but "Generic HID" on MP 1.13 should be the same.

The final problem is: which button to use on the remote? As defined in the screen grab shown above, you need only one button, but my Harmony 650 has two buttons that might be applicable:

(1) A button labelled "Exit".
    (2) A button with a sideways "U" character with an arrow pointing to the left.

In the default Harmony MCE config, both buttons have the same definition (I think), so they behave identically. If you wanted them to behave differently, you would need to modify the Harmony config so that one of the buttons sent a code for one of the currently-unused buttons supported by "Generic HID" or "Microsoft MCE" (e.g. the "Print" button). You then modify the MP config to map that button to the action that you want.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I had known about the function of the "0" I woulnd't have set it up with the "back" key in the first place.
    So I am totally happy with this working solution.
    The odd thing though is that I could set this up under mp 1.12 and earlier.
    But never mind - I'm happy with the "0".

Thx for your help.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Think I have another odd thing that's new to me since mp 1.13.
    The menu button normally switched to the home screen and with the second time it switched to
    the secondary home screen (don't know the exact name) where I have my settings tab.
    Now that second press function isn't working anymore.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    The menu button normally switched to the home screen and with the second time it switched tothe secondary home screen... Now that second press function isn't working anymore.
    This change occurred with the introduction of "Generic HID". (I am not sure whether it was intentional or an oversight. @Stéphane Lenclud ) Either way, it is simply the definition of the START button (this is the MENU button on some remotes, such as the Harmony remotes). Change the action defined for that button:

to: Action "Switch Home"

If you are not on either "Home" panel, pressing the button takes you to the primary "Home" panel. If you are already on the primary or secondary "Home" panel, pressing the button switches to the other "Home" panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom