MCE remote green button doesn't work (1 Viewer)

hype

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Hi,

I've had the green button working for almost 2 years but suddenly my antivirus thought it had to delete something so now it doesn't work anymore.
I can't remember what I did to get it working. It had something to do with a .bat-file? Or replacing the ehshell.exe?

I tried disabling the media center services and autostart MPTray through Mediaportal settings but it still doesn't work.
When I hit the green button nothing happens, not even an error message.

Any suggestions?

I'm using MediaPortal 1.5

Last edited:

hype

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
I already read this section, disabled the services and activated MPTray, but absolutely nothing happens when I press the green button.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Sorry, that simply worked out of the box for me. Did you read over the trouble-shooting section at the bottom of that page?

I've also found this, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/green-button-not-working.82880/ if it's any use to you. My understanding of it is that if your remote is not a "true" MCE remote then the built-in green button solution may not work but there is a work-around using the ehshell.exe file, which you also mentioned. Again, hope this helps...

hype

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Thank you!
    I couldn't find that thread with that special ehshell.exe anymore. With this file everything works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom