[no Bug] MCE remote input: slow reaction on keypresses? (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I use the inbuilt MCE remote plugin, it feels like key presses are handled "slowly" by MP2.

Is there any filtering of repeated keypresses or similar? If I remember correctly, the input handling via IRSS was more responsive.

@chefkoch can you check this, please?

Also this could be a bug?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...RemoteReceiver/MceRemoteReceiver.cs#L146-L149

Shouldn't the OnClick handler be attached, after device arrived?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shouldn't the OnClick handler be attached, after device arrived?
    Isn't it done there?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...r/MceRemoteReceiver/MceRemoteReceiver.cs#L151
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...or/MceRemoteReceiver/MceRemoteReceiver.cs#L63

My feeling was that the plugin performs better than IRSS, but I did not used IRSS for 6+ months.
    It's also the same code base as the MP1 MCE remote support, but you might not be able to compare it because the different skin engines' / GUI responsiveness.

In IRSS the delays were handled by the remote code as it directly access the driver signals.
    With the current MCE code you change the keyboard settings in Windows to adjust the delays.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some more tests yesterday:

MP1 and MP2 behaves quite differently when using remote. While MP1 the keypresses are repeated normally (remote button "down" pressed for long time), this doesn't happen inside MP2: only one keypress is handled.

Any idea what could explain this different behavior?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have IRSS uninstalled? Do you have it disabled? Did you re-enabled the "handling of automatic button" before uninstallation?
    Is MP2 focused?

The remote handling code of MP1 and MP2 should be exactly the same as I did not touch anything there, just made it MP2 compatible.

Is there anybody else who can confirm this behaviour. I am having no issues here. Scrolling and navigation it amazingly fast.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked for the option, it was not checked. Then I uninstalled IRSS (I forgot about it;)).

Remote keys are now repeated, but not "smooth". In log appear many lines:
    Code:
    [2013-10-02 17:03:11,465] [16188  ] [32      ] [WARN ] - MceRemote: No remote mapping found for remote button '30'
    (30,31,32,33). When adding them to map, all left/right/up/down are handled twice, so I removed them again.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remote keys are now repeated, but not "smooth". In log appear many lines:(30,31,32,33). When adding them to map, all left/right/up/down are handled twice, so I removed them again.
    Yeah, that's something I was not sure about. The plugin / Mp1 code uses compared to the IRSS code only parts of the remote directly. Other buttons are handled by the OS so these are not "mappable".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom