[solved] MCE remote no longer works Win8.1, MP1.13 (2 Viewers)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
OK...got it working with new IRSS. Still don't understand why it won't work as standalone HID with IRSS removed, but that is for another time. Thanks for you help:).

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    OK...got it working with new IRSS.
    Great. :)

Still don't understand why it won't work as standalone HID with IRSS removed, but that is for another time.
    No, me neither.
    ...and actually, I thought the MP Control plugin should have worked with MCE remotes straight out of the box without mapping/whatever. It's almost like the remote is generating non-standard commands. Very, very strange.

Thanks for you help:).
    You're so welcome! :)
    I'm happy to have been able to help, and that you got a solution in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks, but I already tried that. The first 12 "IrDeviceV2" entries produced no messages at all. The last 2 (labelled "Mouse") produced messages at a rate which caused the HID Demo UI to become unresponsive. The only possible source for these messages was the RF remote I was using to operate the HID Demo UI. Why should an RF...
    Thanks, but I already tried that. The first 12 "IrDeviceV2" entries produced no messages at all. The last 2 (labelled "Mouse")...
    My HTPC recently stopped responding to IR signals. At first I suspected a HW problem, but the problem remains with two different...
    Replies
    Views
    hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here : Azzuro/IR-Server-Suite
    hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here ...
    Hi all. Haven't been here in a long time, but I've been using IRSS for like 10 years now and I still love it! I know it's not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom