MCE remote not quite working (1 Viewer)

conners

Portal Member
May 27, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a MS MCE RC6 remote, model: 1039, and am running MP 1.11.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

I've got all the channels I want and (manually) numbered them all - both TV and Radio.

When I'm watching live TV in MP and type the channel number, the number is displayed on the screen but the channel doesn't change. Also, the channel up/down button doesn't do anything and neither does the volume up/down. However, the mute button does what it says on the tin.

I've selected MCE remote in the cofig, and also extended logging.

Can someone please help me?

If you need any logs then let me know which ones, and how to produce them.

Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

I've got all the channels I want and (manually) numbered them all - both TV and Radio.

When I'm watching live TV in MP and type the channel number, the number is displayed on the screen but the channel doesn't change.
    If you want to use the channel number to select the channel then you need to untick "select channel by index":
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/22_TV/1_TV_Client#Channel_numbers

Also, the channel up/down button doesn't do anything and neither does the volume up/down. However, the mute button does what it says on the tin.
    Have you tried enabling the media keys input as well?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/02_Media

Volume controls and some other buttons often work that way... even on a "MCE" remote.

I've selected MCE remote in the cofig, and also extended logging.
    If the suggestions above don't help, it would be great if you could post your log files. Enabling extended logging won't do any good unless we have a chance to see the log files. ;)

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Start MediaPortal with the watchdog. Option 2 (leaves your plugins enabled) is fine.
    Go to the TV section and start any channel.
    Press each of the keys that aren't working twice.
    Close MediaPortal.
    Post/attach the zip file that will be created by the watchdog.

Regards,
    mm

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can try your luck with HID. MCE is deprecated really.
    Though that won't help with your channel selection issues.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a MS MCE RC6 remote, model: 1039, and am running MP 1.11.0 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. ... Also, the channel up/down button doesn't do anything and neither does the volume up/down. However, the mute button does what it says on the tin.
    I have never used a genuine Microsoft remote control, so the following is based on what I have read elsewhere...

I believe that some versions of the Microsoft remote can learn a few IR codes to control the TV set, in particular power toggle and volume up/down. If your remote is not new, is it possible that the volume control has been set to control someone else's TV set, and not the HTPC?

As a precedent, I will mention a remote that I do have in my collection -- the Origenae RC197. It has two power buttons (one for the HTPC, and another for the TV), and can learn the IR signals to control the power toggle and volume up/down signals of the TV (but not, curiously, the mute function of the TV, so the mute button always controls the HTPC).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom