MCE Remote Not Working in MP2 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This depends on the receiver plugged into the USB port of your PC. As long as it is a "RC6" receiver it is a "real" MCE remote.

Most of the available HID remotes are using receivers not supporting the (full) RC6 protocol. As Example the AirMouse receiver from Gyration is a RF (most likely 2.4 GHz) receiver but all RC6 (aka MCE) receiver always are infrared receiver. The Gyration receiver is not working the same way as the Microsoft Receiver and for this it can not work with apps designed to use Microsoft receivers...

This did not mean all IR receivers are compatible: Especially on cheap IR devices the receiver is most likely supporting only a subset of the needed commands. So a compatible receiver explicitly needs to be labeled as "RC6" receiver.

If you want to use your RF receiver you need to use it like a keyboard/mouse input and configure the functions inside the plugin "Input Device Manager" that is available here in the forum.

redfoot0

Portal Member
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Got you now, thanks for the explanation!
    I tried using the input device manager plugin to manually program the buttons but only some of the buttons could be recognised like the back button, navigation and volume up and down. Channel up/down play, stop, pause etc would not be recognised as keypresses.
    Seems like it won't work for me right now so i've gone back to MP1 which does work for me. I quite like having a mouse and mce remote in one so I'll either stick with this setup or try to find one that uses infrared instead of just RF. Thanks again.

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I suggest you to not waste your time trying to figure how to get it working for a single program, just use eventghost (it's free) and then you can use practically any remote and input device (and any combination of then) with practically any program MP2 included.

reviTULize

Portal Member
    September 2, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I suggest you to not waste your time trying to figure how to get it working for a single program, just use eventghost (it's free) and then you can use practically any remote and input device (and any combination of then) with practically any program MP2 included.
    What is 'eventghost'? I am having the same issue(among others).
    tbh, I have had a tough time migrating from mp1, so far.

redfoot0

Portal Member
    September 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok so I've been playing with eventghost and have mapped some functions from my Gyration remote onto mediaportal commands.
    How do I get these working in MP2? I read about a Message plugin that is required for MP but that is MP1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom