MCE remote not working (1 Viewer)

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
Has this been fixed yet or do I always need to replace this file after I update via SVN?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Has this been fixed yet or do I always need to replace this file after I update via SVN?

Hi,
    Nope & if it is fixed it will breake for XP users, so for now you have to overwrite that file everytime you add a new SVN.....

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just in main install dir, because the file points MP to the rest of the files.

Regards
    Roy

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This it's because on vista all modified(personal) files are installed/stored in the "All Users\Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder(MP 0.2.3RC2), svn it's based on xp setup & therefore this problem.

Roy

Fine can understand it's based\tested on XP, but why previously with a RC2 svn was it fine and then it changed, sorry to ask, but it really caused a lot of problems for people who wanted to test a newer svn including myself.

You have to agree, installation path's have to be consistant otherwise errors are going to crop up everywhere, and make for posts like this.

Regards

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah, normally MediaPortalDirs.xml it's not updated that much usually only when new release or final builds comes out, this time it was & that causes trouble, so we have to live with it untill next release. After that we have to think of a way to not do this again of course ;) but XP is what was used as a base & vista was added due to ppl asking for it.

Regards
    Roy

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    hi ya all.
    I seem to have the same issue. No file eHome Infrared Transceiver List XP.xml
    I have searched the machine from one end to another. No file of that name.
    Anyone have a copy of it so I can fix the darn machine.

I am running RC2 on a clean XP install.

Let me know thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom