MCE remote some buttons do not work (1 Viewer)

webbutler

May 1, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I use the MCE Remote to control Media portal (on Win-7) without live TV
So i only use Media portal to listen music and watch recorded TV and movies.
In Win-XP (my old machine) the MCE remote works well.

Some of the MCE remote buttons do not work. For example, pressing the pause or the stop button while watching a movie or DVD does nothing.
On the other hand, the play button or in the menu's up and down or the pc (shutdown)button works well.

Does someone know how to fix this ? Is this a Win-7 issue

thanks in advance

regards,

willem

webbutler

May 1, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi ravenrocks ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, in the configuration i have selected the MCE remote.
There you can see 3 pictures. The one in the middle is my remote.

Because some buttons do not respond, i have try to configure the buttons one by one and give the button the function i want.
In the advanced configuration - remote - there you can configure the buttons.

Strange enough, before i use my new PC ( an asus Eeebox - win 7) i used Media Portal on XP witch the same Remote and that worked fine.
It confused me.

I read a different thread to reinstall the IR again. This is what my next step will be.

Perhaps you know a tip ?

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
I got the same one running on a Win 7 x86 Ultimate without a problem. No buttons mapped manually, all by default. No drivers installed other than windows own. So reinstalling the IR-receiver is not a bad idea.

Midol

Portal Member
October 8, 2009
Does anyone want to recommend a MCE remote that is almost gauranteed to work (recommend brand name) out of the box? Right now I have to get up to move from the "Music" into the "Tv Series" bits as only my arrows and OK button works :p

My MCE doesn't. I cbf trying any further. On that note, if anyone in Australia wants an MCE remote for free they can have it. Overseas guys can pay postage if they want it. I can't get it working but then I also haven't put much effort into it.

davidm_uk

Portal Member
October 11, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I bought a cheap (£15) Emprex Vista MCE Remote Controller from Amazon, hoping that it would work with MediaPortal. However, I've not had much luck so far.

The remote's RF USB dongle installs as a keyboard, which seems very simple. However, the majority of the buttons on the remote don't work as I'd hope. In fact, apart from the volume controls the ONLY buttons that work are the ones that map to keyboard keys that work (when using MediaPortal with a standard keyboard). None of the MCE remote-specific ones seem to do anything. (I have enabled the "MCE Remote" setting in MediaPortal configuration!)

Working are 4-way arrows, OK, numbers (change channel) and volume. Also, there's a "clear" button at the bottom left which appears to move back through the menus. Unfortunately, nothing else (including play, pause, record, etc., channel up/down and the various TV Guide etc. buttons) has any effect.

Have I just bought an incompatible remote, or is there anything I can do to make it work? None of the buttons that I can't make work appear to press standard keyboard keys, so it's hard working out what key codes they're sending. I'd assumed the MCE used a standard which MediaPortal supported, but I fear I'm assuming that things are simpler than they are...

Any help welcomed!

Thanks,

David

Sacamantecas

Portal Member
April 30, 2008
I have exactly the same problem. I was using windows vista x86 before and all the buttons on my microsoft mce remote worked fine.

Now I'm using Windows 7 64 bits and buttons like stop, pause, etc, etc doesn't work at all.

It seems a problem with the 64 bits drivers.

My remote it's the microsoft mce v2:

MCEv2.gif

Any solution?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
davidm_uk

there is a plugin to get your remote working, if u search on this forum for "speedlink sl-6399" the info you need is in that thread, will take a bit of tweaking but thats how you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom