MCE remote some buttons do not work (1 Viewer)

bobjr94

January 8, 2010
Roy, WA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using the HID remote worked on my system also, good tip and saved me from keymapping all the buttons.

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Try selecting HID remote instead of MCE remote in MP setup.

That improved things for me significantly. The main 'transport' buttons (play, record, pause, fast-forward, rewind) now work for me at last. :) (It was suggested in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/input-output-interfaces-337/mce-ir-receiver-xp-74589/index3.html by BogMonster too.)

Just need to work out how to get the remaining buttons picked up now...

David

I have just purchased one of these (waiting for delivery) I saw this posted on amazon in the reviews

If you use other applications you can bind keypress of remote button to action, but only some of remote buttons generate keyboard press event. I was able to make all buttons fully working using 'autohotkey' software (with Micha's HID device support DLL).

So that may help.

jacktheknife

Portal Member
January 23, 2010
Estherville, IA
Home Country
After fighting it out for quite sometime to get the power button to close MediaPortal and the green button to launch MediaPortal, I finally found a mapping program that actually recognized my remote fully-- intelliremote. I mapped the two buttons, one to launch the app with the green button (didnt affect it bringing up the main menu while in the program) and set the power button to alt-f4.

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Has anyone had any success launching plugin pages using the mce buttons such as video, pictures etc... I have tried shortcut'er but that doesn't do anything on my system (latest svn on windows 7)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you have HID remote there are several posts on getting the other HID buttons to work.
    If the button is already recognised in mediaportal, but you want it to point to a custom plugin then you have to edit the remote controls xml file and add the relevant window id#

jacktheknife

Portal Member
    January 23, 2010
    Estherville, IA
    Home Country
    I am launching the videos page from the "Guide" button. I just looked down at the extended buttons and found that one of the colored buttons (which my remote doesn't have) was programmed to do so. I simply copied all the settings up to the desired button.

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there a way to may the plugins TVSeries and MovingPictures to a button so it goes directly there like the MyVideo or MyMusic button?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there a way to may the plugins TVSeries and MovingPictures to a button so it goes directly there like the MyVideo or MyMusic button?

yes, you can just edit the mappings xml file manually and change the link IDs to the plugins you want the remote buttons to shortcut too. There are posts explaining how to do this if you search the forum, I think I even wrote a post explaining how to do this a while back.

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

yes, you can just edit the mappings xml file manually and change the link IDs to the plugins you want the remote buttons to shortcut too. There are posts explaining how to do this if you search the forum, I think I even wrote a post explaining how to do this a while back.

Been searching for hours... obviously I'm using the wrong search terms. I can't find a mappings.xml file anywhere and find what the link IDs are for TVSeries or Moving Pictures. IE I'm trying to remap the TV button on my remote to Moving Pictures. The Music and Pictures buttons are working fine but I can't find where to change the TV button into Moving Pictures or how.

Can anyone point me in a specific direction? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom