MCE remote some buttons do not work (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ur welcome, hopefully you can get everything running the way you like now. BTW - you should back up the xml file before you edit it. After you have creating a custom xml file you can no longer edit the xml file within the MP configuration program, because it will crash if you try to edit a file that you have previously edited in notepad.

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Got everthing mapped and just the way I want it now. Since I'm using the MessagePlugin with EventGhost I have to remember to copy back the original xml before going into plugins in MPconfig. Otherwise it gives a "not compatible with this version of MP" and disables the process. Cheers. :D

Ben_j

Portal Member
    May 31, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    I have the same problems. I have an HP remote, and only the buttons that send keyboard stuff (such as the arrows, OK, clear, etc...) work. The back button, transport buttons and a lot of other stuff won't work. I have another remote, a cheap one that I bought on eBay and I have the same problems.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I have this issue as well. My remote works on one of my HTPCs but not the other. At first it didn't work, some buttons worked (arrows, numbers etc.) but none of the media centre specific buttons.

I resolved this by unplugging the received and plugging into another usb socket. Having since had to unplug the computer briefly and plug it back in, I'm now in the situation of having none of the extra buttons working again. It's bizarre as both machines are Win7 64bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom