MCE Remote Stopped Working in 0.2.0.2 (1 Viewer)

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What works

up/down left/right arrow keys and ok, volume up/down Mute, numbers 1-9, clear and enter, pc power/hibernate.

What does not

Record, stop, pause, play, back, i (more), green button Channel up/down, recorded TV, Guide, Live TV, DVD menu and possibly 1-4 other buttons.

This is exactely what I experienced earlier.

Should we post on testteam-mediaportal?

Mfg
    Flo

colinsuk

July 23, 2006
    So is this bug now confirmed???

I also had the black screen problem a couple of times. I think it's something to do with a possible bug in MP's screen saver timeout code. I have the MP screen saver enbabled in my config and I'm not using the windows screen saver.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Na don't use screensavers, so that is not the issue.
    This is something that has only occured recently, so its either a MP coding issue or one of MS updates that is screwing things up.
    I'm sure the Dev's will try and sort out with the right information, will read some logs and see if anything abnormal worth posting.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Paranoid Delusion said:
    colinsuk
    What works

up/down left/right arrow keys and ok, volume up/down Mute, numbers 1-9, clear and enter, pc power/hibernate.

What does not

Record, stop, pause, play, back, i (more), green button Channel up/down, recorded TV, Guide, Live TV, DVD menu and possibly 1-4 other buttons.

I can confirm this - I didn't have this problem before 0.2.0.0/0.2.0.2 (not sure about this because I went from RC2 to 0.2.0.2); but now, after a wakeup from hibernation, the buttons on my MCE remote don't work except for the system wide keys like the arrow buttons.
    The automatic re-start of MP after wakeup (done via a batch file) doesn't help, but another manual restart of the program solves the issue temporally.

So what's to do?

- Waltz

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Waltz

Everything was ok in RC4 That i was running, and only seemed to occur after 0.2 installed on reformatted setup.
    Many users and not that many people reporting this behaviour, which is a bit strange.
    Would really appreciate some people running 0.2.0.2 who can use there remotes (microsoft) to pop in and out of hibernate, with MP running in fullscreen TV mode, (maybe still be unique to a group of people systems)
    and just say they can with no problems.

Thanks

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Maybe some users just have not noticed this problem. When MP doesn't respond to their remote, they just think "okay, so MP is freezed again" and restart it. I thought so myself - until I found this thread an realized it's a remote control issue...

- Waltz

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I don't have this problem at all, 2 system one with original MCE & one with a Hauppauge "MCE" remote & both system (remotes) works after Suspend or Hibernate with MP 0.2.0.0 + MP 0.2.0.2 (update).

I have enabled power to the usb port on the motherboard (jumper setting) & running Windows MCE with all patches.

Those times I have had problems with the remote it is usually something wrong in the setup & a clean MP install has been necessary, but this shouldn't be the problem here since you all have a clean MP 0.2.0.0 + update 0.2.0.2

Regards
    Roy

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi ronilse

Thanks for confirming it works on your MCE system, could someone please post if the have standby/hibernate from any MP screen working on a XP home/pro setup, as if this is not a problem with MP, then it may be an ms update that has caused this behaviour (remember mce get some different updates from xp).

Appreciated.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi could someone please have a look at this MP log,

http://paranoid.delusion.pastebin.com/758410

specifically this part.

27/07/2006 20:40:15 Main: DX exclusive mode: True

Mainly have had various problems with exclusive directx mode that i always untick this option. just trying to find an answer for remote and grasping at straws.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom