MCE Standby Tool 0.9.69: native MP support (1 Viewer)

Da Silva

Portal Pro
May 31, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
So is it just impossible to get a computer to wake up for a scheduled recording if using TVe2 and closing Mediaportal before standby?

I find this tool very useful as it improves stability alot, but the problem with no support for wake up on scheduled recording is preventing me from using MST.

I know it works with TVe3 but I cannot use it either as it has stability problems.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In theory with all the powerscheduler improvements, mainly delaying detect cards\MP waits for server to start\ restart MP on resume, this should be pretty redundant.

The good thing about using it is, finding HID devices that can resume from standby.

Otherwise now think it is obsolete as far as standby issues are concened, along with PVRScheduler (sorry STSC), but that particular program has more advanced\ other uses as well.

Da Silva

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I managed to get around the whole issue of mediaportal not starting from standby to record a scheduled recording by writing a batch file that restarts mediaportal on resume from standby/hibernate. Now I do not use MCE standby tool at all.

I have never experienced issues when going to standby, but sometimes if MP is running for a long time without it being restarted after standby it will run into stability issues.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    managed to get around the whole issue of mediaportal not starting from standby to record a scheduled recording by writing a batch file that restarts mediaportal on resume from standby/hibernate. Now I do not use MCE standby tool at all.

That's in recent svn :confused:

Did it not work !

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I managed to get around the whole issue of mediaportal not starting from standby to record a scheduled recording by writing a batch file that restarts mediaportal on resume from standby/hibernate.

I'm curious as to why you need a batch file. What does your batch file do differently from what Media Portal does when you check the option "Restart MediaPortal on resume" (4th from the bottom on the "General" page of the setup/configuration utility)?

This has helped me with a problem I have had for a long time with the HTPC occasionally hanging on resume with a black screen. It didn't eliminate it completely, but the frequency is way down. I tried it out because I think my problem is due to my NVidia card, and the option mentions nvidia explicitly.

Da Silva

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Nice to know that this feature was implemented in MP. I haven't looked at the latest SVN's for a while.

It would have been easier that way.

denamberuan

Portal Member
    February 24, 2007
    Hi,

I tried this and it works on windows, but it doesnt go to stand by when MP is running.. ;-P Also, where do you set the time you want to wait before going to stand by? in the program it gives options for this in two tabs but it always mentions media center, does this work the same for MP? I tried every setting, if I set on windows power management the system to go to stand by after one minute it does, unless MP is on (completely idle).

Thanks for any help..

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Disable Windows standby.

Powerscheduler in TVServer and Powerscheduler client in MP config have to have the same timeouts and in singleseat both need to be enabled.

Allow standby only in home screen, this gives you many choices if MP closed, but you do not want any standby whilst playing any form of media.

Should standby after 5 mins or whatever set in TVServer anyway or power button remote.

nikigraus

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom